1965 Fury 383 Headers

65Fury383

Reaction score
Hey guys. I was looking at putting a set of headers on my 65 Fury. It's a factory 383-2 with power steering and auto on the floor. I am looking at a set of Hookers, but wanted to ask if anyone had issues with certain brands on a 65.

The biggest problem you will run into is the passenger side torsion bar.
That being said, I don't think Hooker makes them any longer for the C body, and at that, I don't believe they were listed as fitting a 65 Fury.
You can easily get by with Schumacher shorty headers. They will work with few problems (if any) with a 383. I have a set on a 440 engine in my 65 Sport Fury. TTI makes a set of long tube headers that will also work. Either set will set you back at least $500. You might get a set of the Headman shorty headers to work but I couldn't say about them. The only other option is factory HP exhaust manifolds (B-body), which should also work.

Hey guys. I was looking at putting a set of headers on my 65 Fury. It's a factory 383-2 with power steering and auto on the floor. I am looking at a set of Hookers, but wanted to ask if anyone had issues with certain brands on a 65.

I used TTI 4 years ago and still look great. Easy fit and clear every thing. Wanted to try a set of good TriY's for accesability to the starter but never did. Getting any brand of header in and out of a BB Mopar is a pain at best. Next time I'll go shorty's.

Back