SOLD 1965 or 1966 Plymouth Fury 2-Door Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for everyones imput. Cantflip, point taken.Thanks for everyones input. Badvert65, you and 65Fury440 sent me the same Craigslisting. It may be too rough for me to take. I did find a '66 Fury I for $4500. and a '65 Fury II for $6,500. that is a one-owner in very clean condition. The '66 Fury I needs the right grill restored and whatnot.
It doesn't have to be a '65. I like the look of the '65's better, but the '66 Fury II is the rarest of all the '65-'66's. They only made a little over 2,500 of them!

Last edited:
Yea in this case I'm not sure rare translates into more money.The cool factor of a sleeper post car would be the larger draw. Arguably looks only a mother could love.

Yes, they are very pedestrian-looking, but the 65 front end looks nice and the rarity factor of the '66 Fury II would score cool points, not $.

Last edited:
Yes, they are very pedestrian-looking, but the 65 front end looks nice and the rarity factor would score cool points, not $.

First... same link again, here are the pictures for when the ad disappears...
01010_bd0BiAGK2Sr_1200x900.jpg
00b0b_2Xjf6s4z8xy_1200x900.jpg
00U0U_duik7lj4t6W_1200x900.jpg
00i0i_3EOyKSn5aNI_1200x900.jpg

And the text...
Does not run---needs lots of work. It has been a hobby car and now is just sitting here. Hoping to find someone that can give it time and attention to restore. Still has an 8 track tape player in it! Eight cylinder, 318 engine. Carburetor has been replaced and new brake lines are included but not installed. We also have 2 replacement quarter panels to go with it. Asking $1800.00 or best offer.

I think you are ahead on the $4500 car, but I know very little about these models... If you plan to do any cutting on the car to modify the rear suspension... this one may be a better choice.

Few people will get very offended if you modify one that's rough... if you chop up a cherry one many will never forgive you...

Rare, value, cool... who cares... make it all about your desires and try to stay realistic... the worst you could do is start something you can't finish... they tend to just get worse as they sit. Take your time, find Your Car and enjoy her as much as you can...

Cantflip. Just made the call about the $4500 one. Gone. This one may do. I called 10 mins ago. Got some womans voicemail, left a message. How much should I offer. Should I send an inspector to make sure there is a trunk and interior cloor and the frame is not rusted through?

I would never modify a clean original, however, this blue junker WILL BE. I'm thinking an all aluminum 476" smallblock with a drysump system, a copy of Cotton Owens' 71 Challenger paintjob, oldschool stance, some fairly wide cheaters out back, skinnys in front. Trans brake, two-step rev limiter, a line-lock, etc. Fuel cell in the trunk with a new stock interior! AWESOME!

Last edited:
Cantflip. Just made the call about the $4500 one. Gone. This one may do. I called 10 mins ago. Got some womans voicemail, left a message. How much should I offer. Should I send an inspector to make sure there is a trunk and interior cloor and the frame is not rusted through?

You want to ask those questions of the other posters to the thread... they all know that model more intimately than I ever will. I have never used an inspector, which means they are probably a good idea. The one piece of advise I have for you, don't get too excited or pressure yourself into buying like it's the last one ever available... another, better car is waiting for you... you just need to find it.

This one to me would be the mini tub car... if you don't have the fabrication skills for that... start with a better car that you can drive and change slowly.

I would never modify a clean original, however, this blue junker WILL BE. I'm thinking a 476" smallblock with a drysump system, a copy of Cotton Owens' 71 Challenger paintjob, oldschool stance, some fairly wide cheaters out back, skinnys or 75's in front. Trans brake, two-step rev limiter, a line-lock, etc. Fuel cellbin the trunk with a new stock interior! AWESOME!
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...

Yeah, I can wait if I must, but it's been such a looong time since I owned a Mopar, a cool Mopar. The last time I did, was in 2001, when I sold my '69 Dart drag car. It was clean, done right and fast. 10.4 in the 1320@130. I'll post pics of it some time soon in my profile.
The woman, Tammy who's deceased husband owned the car(he was the 2nd owner), said she didn't want to work with a 3rd party. I guess that's what she thinks an inspector is. She said she would have her son, who is an engineer, call me later to answer more questions. She says the trunk was completely repaired and it has all the seats and original drive train. It has sat outside, uncovered, for 4 years! Stupid!! I'm waiting to hear back now.
How wide a tire could a mini-tub accommodate? The 476 all-aluminum should make well over 800 horse, since the guy who wrote the book about big-inch small block Mopars said a 455" Mopar sb made about 750-800. I'm not sure I should put 800 horse in a car I want to drive. I've handled about 525 horse or a little less, and that made my 2,900 lb. Dart FLY!! It was a monster. I didn't know that 500+ horse could make a car move so damn quickly like that. Geesh.

Hello.
I have a 66 post. All original survivor, runs and drives. It is a 1, no options, not even a radio. Was going to do a resto mod, but I may sell it. Let me know if you might be interested.

Hey, this one was for sale up in Mich. A guy named Dave was selling it for $3,500. It's gone now. Is your name Dave?

67-Fury, thanks, but I am not interested in the later ones right now. I appreciate your consideration.
Pardon my ignorance but you said when you get one you will instal a Trans Brake. Is that a good idea for a Street car? Wouldnt a line lock be better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back