1966 Chrysler 300 questions

yeaitsgotaslant6

Reaction score
Hello
I am gearing up to buy a 66 300 coupe and I'm new to the world of c-bodies. I was always an a-body guy (Darts, Valiants, Early Cudas I've owned a few of each) and had dreams of big block b-bodies... but age set me straight a bit. At almost 30, I'm coming to appreciate the cruiser. Good power. Comfortable seats. Reliable standard equipment I didn't buy excitedly at a swap meet, throw on the car, only to have it destroy more than itself... (wasn't me. I just warned the guy and watched the aftermath.)

But after years of getting AMAZING advice from some of the most knowledgeable mopar heads around over on ForAbodiesonly, I'm here to join you guys with the land yachts. Hope you'll have me.

First question I have is, I have a dented passenger fender. It's repairable, but I also purchased a same color donor 66 parts car. (That car was dismantled prior to me)

Will the front fenders of a 66 4-door 300 fit a same year coupe?
Size, fit, AND steel thickness? (Nothing worse than the look of different thickness panels)

THANK YOU for your time guys.
Young guys like me would be lost without your expertise.

We love nothing more than to see young guys come in and appreciate the C-bodies. It's a way of life you really don't see with most other cars.
Welcome.

Posted via Topify using Android

Welcome ......nice car.

Do you picture or 2 to post of your car?

Thanks for the welcome. Im a big fan of this car. Great lines. Im a northeast guy, so you know what im up against here amongst other things. But this is a solid car with great potential. Im very excited to get started. I just moved it to my fathers for a couple days. As soon as I'm back there ill get some shots.

Welcome aboard from another '66 300 owner. Yes they should be the same fenders. Make sure you keep track of your shims when you change the fenders. This might not be new to you but it was for me.

Last edited:
Nice!! Welcome aboard and looking forward to seeing some pics. Be a good idea to start a build thread for the car. I have to do the same thing.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Welcome to C Body Land! Like you, I'm a young(er) guy and have fallen in love with these land yachts for similar reasons. Comfort, power and gorgeous lines. And you've come to the right place. Great people, great cars.

Okay. Let's see if these load.

ForumRunner_20130918_192249.jpg

ForumRunner_20130918_192249.jpg

ForumRunner_20130918_192307.jpg

ForumRunner_20130918_192321.jpg

ForumRunner_20130918_192334.jpg

ForumRunner_20130918_192347.jpg

ForumRunner_20130918_192359.jpg

ForumRunner_20130918_192409.jpg

So, as you guys can see, she's a bit of work. There is some rot above the skirts, a ding in the front passenger fender, some rust on the bumper, needs the passenger rear tail light chrome... but nothing crazy. I drove the whale out of the garage and took it around the block. Fires right up. Drives great. I think its a great start. Thoughts?

Thanks. Actually the motor was rebuilt by the previous owner (who I know and trust) there's about 500 miles on the rebuild. The engine runs very smooth and strong.

That is very nice!!!!

No we need to see some improvement pictures...LOL!

I love those cars, its my favorite year for the 300 I think.

I like both 1965 and 1966......both are stunning cars!!!

The 300 emblems are so cool on these cars!

Back