For Sale 1966 Monaco 440

Status
Not open for further replies.

69monaco

Reaction score
Contact seller
Very cool car............Not mine!!
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/dodge/monaco-500/2431296.html
74615280-770-0@2X.jpg

Wowza. If I had everything I needed money wise to complete my 67, I have to admit, I’d be hard pressed to not just buy that. Very pretty.

If I had walked into a Dodge dealer and custom order a Monaco in 1966, this is pretty much how I would have done it...… right down to the spinner wheel covers...… and dual snorkel, just beautiful. What does decoded by Galen Glover mean, anyway?

No idea how to price these, at least it's with someone who has owned/driven it for a while, which bodes well.

Last edited:
The car is beautiful, but for $20 grand the A/C should be operational. I am sure the seller meant Galen Govier, who reproduced fender tags, also would decode them for a fee, a Mopar guru on parts and such, I don’t know if he is retired or still active.

This is a nice car for the money, I'll spend more than that restoring mine. And a 440 car to boot.

The one of one claim is BS, it's one of one in G.G.'s records, because it's the only one he has seen. Love the way a story gets told. (I saw the sheet in August). But yeah, there aren't many around.

Nice car. Unusual colour combo. Nicely optioned although I'd have ticked off power windows and seats, tilt/tele, AM/FM with Reverb and autopilot on the options list if it were me...

Not a one of one. My 440 4 speed car likely is though...

The one of one claim is BS, it's one of one in G.G.'s records, because it's the only one he has seen.
Lots of 'low-production' C-bodies documented by him, because he was always more of A-B-E guy.
If people didn't understand how he wrote his report, and what it meant, they'd think they had the rarest car ever.

This is a nice car for the money, I'll spend more than that restoring mine. And a 440 car to boot.

The one of one claim is BS, it's one of one in G.G.'s records, because it's the only one he has seen. Love the way a story gets told. (I saw the sheet in August). But yeah, there aren't many around.

One of one still driving................in that color combo with engine i would believe.
But i don,t think there were many the same ( talking about color combo / engine /seats/bench.............(not the small items).

Note - for historical reference only and not diminishing the quality of the work - note that the car has an incorrect brake booster, fender wiring harness straps are incorrect, AC low pressure copper return line should be black or engine colour (assembly plant specific), air cleaner is positioned incorrectly. However, it's still a beautiful car well turned out.

Love the 66 Dodge... I really like the tweaks made from the 65.

And yea, the way the snorkels are clocked on that car would drive me nuts.

One of one still driving................in that color combo with engine i would believe.
But i don,t think there were many the same ( talking about color combo / engine /seats/bench.............(not the small items).
First 440 car I've seen. I started to drool when the sellers friend showed me the photo album of the car, too bad I didn't see it in person. If I had the money, I'd have this car.

Yea something is fubar with the air cleaner, I thought it was odd but was not in the mood to nit-pick so over to nicks garage for reference.

66_383ds_01.jpg

66_440_tnt_01.jpg

66_383ds_02.jpg

Air cleaner is positioned right but the snorkel placement is off.

The positive battery cable has been replaced with what looks to be a universal gas station type. The 2 positive wires should be fiber/canvas wrapped and be placed in the fender groove all the way back to the final clip and split from there. Don't know what the purple wire is all about, looks mickey mouse.

The line coming off the ac compressor seems to be upside down. It should go over to the right side of the engine. Notice the sharp bend before it goes to the firewall.

Yea something is fubar with the air cleaner, I thought it was odd but was not in the mood to nit-pick so over to nicks garage for reference.
I want to say that it was fabricated. I saw that and mentioned it to the sellers friend, and I believe my memory is correct in that he told me that's the story behind the air cleaner. (He was at the 4th annual C Body meet in August with a photo album of the car)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back