1966 Plymouth Sport Fury 383 4 Barrel 4 Speed Restoration Thread

Your doing great buddy... just more pictures please...

have to admit... your "mistake" brought a smile

We all have to learn somehow! We've all been there, Dylan.
- dad

So, Dylan's take is that the casting numbers should be in front. OK, I'll bite. However, with the choke well on the left, the carb would have to mount backwards. Hmmm. Right-hand drive vehicle manifold?? Industrial or marine application? Anybody else see something funny here?

- dad

So, Dylan's take is that the casting numbers should be in front. OK, I'll bite. However, with the choke well on the left, the carb would have to mount backwards. Hmmm. Right-hand drive vehicle manifold?? Industrial or marine application? Anybody else see something funny here?

- dad
Aftermarket carb.

Hey, bud- the coil bracket goes in front next to the distributor. The choke well goes on the right. The accelerator cable pulls on the top of the carburetor throttle linkage at the left side. It's on backwards.

- dad

image.png

Last edited:
My buddy says "No, the casting number is on the rear and the firing order is on the front." I work with some smart cats.
He had no answer as to why there was no firing order. Just another MOPAR history mystery.

- dad

Dylan, sorry bud but dad is right, it's on backward. The vacuum port should be towards the rear.

Dylan, sorry bud but dad is right, it's on backward. The vacuum port should be towards the rear.
Yep. Figured that out when I went to look at it today. Most of the intakes that i've seen of the same casting (numbers, etc.) are mirrored. I guess this intake was casted earlier or later (the same casting was used from '62 to '66 for 383's and 361's) with the numbers on the back. Weird.

OK, small update:
Mary is officially in the body shop! The shop is Central Collision Repair, and they are going to start on the floors first. I will leave my thoughts on their work as they progress for anyone here that may be looking for a shop. The owner is a very nice guy as well. I also found NOS fender turn signals and the proper air cleaner. Sooner or later, I will be doing some dash repair and will post the process here. (For my own use). And, yes, I fixed the intake. :D
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Teaser:
2re-UJgWvJQ9Jf6g3YC-Yrmk0CCInmXb0guGS6VYdscdKoT2CqLgZvvMClzarPfTUX3694VaIVbHOKAPjEoRENUnKXHzoRCuNhDXRZzyRvhI_G7iInmsGlagvgcLzMCk_Nbr2HiaOZxDPsUz836ZuSPjlV3zLmsTYrouIT27OhZwJ7KrYRN4ZJ8odCUd-E1paBg7gCgWK6-hSiRokKI1R4xJZktDhNPQ1Wu8ncj0tuP1wKJ8sGEjPNPa1NNt-sI1Q2oW-k4I0_m-J22bIFqQ6tpKsVsnsKfZPUj3rUIaTe2DHjy2rymUgjutJ1cwNBLGPzSNYQs6_HH-Oqr69oaQ67M431dxvn7aNTGQ5n9EyuRjpGrOUoF1VTe7iopID-ofeGWqd5rYs2f-RV18EXLGtwWPam4mVHgcXdo01wjJKS_N5yn78PP23tRY34BwSOLYAuj4WBj_6uQxwxpINJUnDRmowQltH65EY8TzoEb8KLwfvlNJ1W0f4J5ElEhS0E8pkPLoOENjwZA89nnHz7AGXhLwxrRzVMzdvJehODTeOryUbyz2PqW5S9yLCFP22rnfeOqE=w758-h1010-no

Back