1967 chrysler new yorker 2 door

what would a price be that would make you happy .. I don't feel I am off its a 67 440 ho that turn and a 8.75 sure grip right there is $1300 all day

To me it looks to be an honest $1600 - $2000 car judging by the pictures. The only thing that might concern me would be the lost title. Some states are easy and some are complicated when it comes to title laws for antique cars.

Getting a title can run between $300-500 depending on the state and how many problems you run into. Most title companies are not responsible if a vehicle turns up as being stolen in the past,which means even if you get a title in your name and it was stolen by a previous owner,that vehicle is not rightfully yours and can be taken away and returned to it's original owner.When buying any vehicle without a sure past it always questionable.

I personally eyeballed this car (and posted the pictures on page 2 I think) and it's a complete car with little rust. Let's see... rare 67 NY'er coupe with a HP 440 and a Sure Grip....it's worth $2k easy. That's the reason I posted the FN pictures. The back seat of that car got more muff than a hotel room back in the day. Josh is a derby guy offering a complete car so one of you can save it and restore it and you guys are boiling his balls.

As far as the title is concerned....

This car was never titled. I forgot what Chrysler dealer (in Pennsylvania) owned it but the dealer bought it for his son and it had dealer plates on it during it's entire life. It's been parked for the last 20 years.

Is that a Caddy bumper on an Edsel?

attachment.php

Once again a derby guy shows his true colors and overprices his heap. His defence if u dont like it I'll smash it....... Wow. Its not a suregrip car fender tag codes as a (4) 3.23 open. A (48) fender tag is suregrip. Unless it was changed. As it sits its a 1,000 dollar car.
Goodluck with the sale.... Iam positive it was bought for around 400 bucks.

I paid 800 for the car and 2 hour round trip .... and yes 76 caddy rear bumper on my 59 edsel thats cool you picked that out

While the crowd looks at the forest, I wander off by myself and look at the trees.
Sometimes you find a Brazilian Rosewood among the North American Maples.

I really shouldn't but, a sure grip in a 67 full size is rare because Chrysler used the spicer 4 pinion unit which is great for strength and high hp but low speed low traction not ideal, the auburn style cone type is better suited to snow/ice for mom and or joe suit trying to get to the office in jan. but this wasn't available in 67. There is no such thing as a HO big block that's a ford term, I doubt it is a HP engine in a New Yorker can't read the fender tag fuzzy cell phone pics, but for sake of argument lets say it does have HP 440 in 1967 that consisted of a slightly hotter cam a larger exhaust valve and some fairly decent flowing exaust manifolds and dual exhaust. Now how much of that is worth anything in 2014 after sitting for endless years. All Chryslers blocks, heads, cranks, rods (cept 6 pack) are the same as a single exhaust 4 door. All the fees have gone up in Pa. I would say that the 300-500 probably right plus my lost truck revenue spent chasing a title of 750- 1000 a day which i'll cut in half because no fuel and wear and tear on those days if you have a title sure 1500 as it sits I'll give you $800-1000 sorry that's all its worth to me. I don't care for you derby dummies never have never will you have the same sickness as other junk collectors if you have it, it is worth big dollars if I have it it is back to junk. You will not like what I am saying but I'm right. Lastly just to piss you off you don't have enough knowledge or determination to get the car running and or start the title check to make even more for little effort your just looking to make a quick buck, PROVE ME WRONG!

Lastly just to piss you off you don't have enough knowledge or determination to get the car running and or start the title check to make even more for little effort your just looking to make a quick buck, PROVE ME WRONG![/QUOTE]

Seen it happen many times! The derby guys join these sites not looking for info on restoring their car,but for finding out how much money they can make off of someone that's a car enthusiast.They could care less about the car and more about the $$$. To them it's just another hunk of metal and like most of the derby guys,if I can't make a killing on something their response will always be,I'll just derby it and crush it.Their mentality reminds me of a caveman!

mounting_tires_can_caveman_do_it.jpg

mounting_tires_can_caveman_do_it.jpg

for me $2000 is a fair price ...I can part it out for that ..... I have not had a chance to look at the rear but I will .... I was going off what the guy I bought it from said and I am not looking to make a killing on anything I am very will to work with others and help those that I can help and for getting it run and driving I don't have time right now and I will not have time for the next few

Lets see,$2000,not running?,not driving?,rust issues,no title.Sounds like this is going to be a derby car for sure.Unfortunate.Bottom line : these cars don't go for much even when restored,so who knows what the issues are with the motor or transmission.Does the motor turn? If not your looking at a minimum of $1500 on a do it yourself rebuild.Who knows if the tranny is good,maybe another $1K. Bodywork,rust repair and paint,another few grand.No pics of the interior,so who knows what condition that is in? Is it leather,vinyl,or a cloth combo interior.Most likely if it's a cloth combo the cloth is surely stained,ripped or decaying.Aside from that,we're looking at chrome and other odds and ends like switches,knobs and trim pieces that may be missing or need reconditioning.And to top it all off,spending another $500 or more to get a title,even if you can get one.I hate to say it but your better off buying a car that has a known background without so many downsides.

I understand.... to me it s
ounds like its best to be parted out to begin with

Parts wouldn't be worth the 2,000 ether....... Engine that hasn't run in over 20 years??......... Yes even a 440Hp can not be worth much in unknown condition 500.00-800.00. Trans that has unknown condition/issues. 100.00. Rear end that may or may not be good??....... 200.00-500.00. Interior that has been field sat for 20 plus years??....... Who Knows??....... Body has rust...... Glass maybe good??

Man you guys are relentless lol. I hate derbys as well, but here is a guy offering one up to save from the derby. You guys are always bitching about how these cars get derbied. Heres a chance to save one. Negociate on the price if you think its too high. That is IF someone is actually looking to buy it. I don't see a reason to keep bashing Josh over it. He thrown it out on the table.

Right...... His first reply of a price is 2,000 firm!! But I'll work with whoever is interested. Several have called him out on his over valuing of a car that hasn't seen the road under it's own power in over 20years!! He said he would check on the title and found out there wasn't any...... He said he could get a notary title... But he will leave that to the next owner. If he was really interested in selling it whole it would be priced around 1,000 bucks. It needs a ton of work to be road legal safe and drivable. A running driving titled roadworthy 67 Chrysler New Yorker 2 door with a 440Hp is worth around 3,685 in driver quality condition. This one needs about 3,000-4,000 in work to meet that price....... That's just in mechanical work. That doesn't include fixing the body, or interior. Iam sure the wiring needs tended to also.......

Man you guys are relentless lol. I hate derbys as well, but here is a guy offering one up to save from the derby. You guys are always bitching about how these cars get derbied. Heres a chance to save one. Negociate on the price if you think its too high. That is IF someone is actually looking to buy it. I don't see a reason to keep bashing Josh over it. He thrown it out on the table.

Right...... His first reply of a price is 2,000 firm!! But I'll work with whoever is interested. Several have called him out on his over valuing of a car that hasn't seen the road under it's own power in over 20years!! He said he would check on the title and found out there wasn't any...... He said he could get a notary title... But he will leave that to the next owner. If he was really interested in selling it whole it would be priced around 1,000 bucks. It needs a ton of work to be road legal safe and drivable. A running driving titled roadworthy 67 Chrysler New Yorker 2 door with a 440Hp is worth around 3,685 in driver quality condition. This one needs about 3,000-4,000 in work to meet that price....... That's just in mechanical work. That doesn't include fixing the body, or interior. Iam sure the wiring needs tended to also.......

This has been an interesting thread. It looks like it could be a nice car but realistically in much better condition than the car is and with a title it may not be worth more that $2000. It is a C-Body after all. I love them and own three if you include a 64 Imperial (I know) but they are not worth a whole lot of money especially when you get away from the Sport Furys and the convertibles.

You would have to sink a ton of money into this car and then you would have a nice C-Body which would not be worth that ton of money.

All it takes is dropping a battery in the thing with some fresh gas ,a fresh oil change and maybe a set of points,cap,and wires.I'd try turning the motor by hand with a little oil in the cylinders first.At least you can see if the motor turns and runs.It may not even need all that but if your trying to sell something at that price and with no title your way off the mark.That's the reason why he got it for $800 to begin with.In reality it may be worth $1200-1500. And that's assuming you find someone that is willing to do most of the work themselves becasue if you had to pay someone to do it,you'd probably be into the car for more than three times it's worth.

Back