1967 Dodge Monaco Parts

Hope this doesn't start another hardware discussion with Stormer. :)
I don't even know what that means but it still made me laugh.

I would guess that there thingy to be a slide rule. Can't say that I've ever seen one & no clue how to run it.

No Calculators? Your not that old Bob, Texas instruments was making handheld's in the early 70's

for 6 hundred bucks and had only four functions. Only the Asian geeks could afford them. Plus, my profs at B.U. banned them.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

No Calculators? Your not that old Bob, Texas instruments was making handheld's in the early 70's

No one had caculators during my high school years (1969-1973). That's like having a $20,000 flat screen TV in the 90's. They were available...did you know anyone that had one?

Today they strongly encourage the kids not just to use calculators but they encourage them to bring their own technology to school & use it as much as possible.

Today they strongly encourage the kids not just to use calculators but they encourage them to bring their own technology to school & use it as much as possible.

Yet they can't pinpoint Austrailia on a Globe or balance a checkbook.

Slide rules are still kept around and used as punishment for those who don't like computers.

They probably hurt worse than getting hit with a standard ruler.

The fat head boy chicken used a slide rule to find Foghorn Leghorn while playing hide and seek. Dug him out of the ground out in the yard when he was hiding in a feedbox by the barn....

"Ahhhh, I better not look, I just might be in there".

Yes Sir...........there wasn't any caculators when I was in high school. Or computers or any gadgets.

Also had to walk five miles through rain and snow with no shoes to get to school.

6a0105370922f3970b017c33577f58970b-320wi.jpg

6a0105370922f3970b017c33577f58970b-320wi.jpg

Last edited:
Guiding priciple "the longer the better" ? :)

Yet they can't pinpoint Austrailia on a Globe or balance a checkbook.

Or count change correctly out of a cash register even when the cash register does the math for them.

My kids are getting a wonderful education.

Prolly..........

Education in the northern states of the U.S. seems to be than the South. Just my observations when in the Army and training tens of thousands of soldiers at the Armor Center and School at Ft. Knox and the Ordnance School at APG.

Back