1967 Dodge Monaco Parts

Taking the bicycle to work about all my life all year round 5.30 in the morning. Tough. LOL.

Taking the bicycle to work about all my life all year round 5.30 in the morning. Tough. LOL.

That's one thing I noticed when I was in Germany for 15 years.......people in their 70's and 80's riding bicycles all over the place ALL the time.

We generally have shorter distances and I hate public transportation.

This is where I am unabashedly anti-union: The %$^&# Teacher's Unions.
You can throw them all out into the trash, hire scab trained chimpanzees and have a better job done in educating the kids.
Every year the education system gets worse and they use that as bargaining chip saying it's because we don't fund education enough. We give them the effen money and it declines again? WTF??????????

Stan, I totally agree! Public school teachers were great when I went to school. It's an effing mess now. The union protects nonperforming teachers that shouldn't be teaching. There are too many qualified people looking for work to replace the bad teachers.

I actually took a course in slide rule in high school. Bought myself a nice one too, probably still here in storage somewhere.

The union protects nonperforming teachers that shouldn't be teaching. There are too many qualified people looking for work to replace the bad teachers.

You could remove the word teachers and apply any other union title there and have it roll off the tongue with accuracy.

Seven Lowest-Ranking States For Cost of Living-Adjusted Income Lack Right to Work Laws

On October 18, 2012, in News Clips, Right To Work, by Stan Greer

Take, for example, the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis data for 2011 disposable personal income in the 50 states. Adjusting the reported incomes to reflect cost of living by dividing them by an average of MERIC’s quarterly reports for 2011 (expressed in percentage terms) reveals a clear negative correlation between forced unionism and disposable income per capita. The Right to Work average of $36,938 is nearly $2500 higher than the forced-unionism average.

Moreover, all of the seven states with the lowest cost of living-adjusted disposable incomes per capita in 2011 (Alaska, California, Hawaii, Maine, Oregon, Vermont and West Virginia) lack Right to Work laws.

Of the nine states with the highest cost of living-adjusted incomes, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas, Virginia and Wyoming all have Right to Work laws. The sole exception among the nine is forced-unionism Illinois. While the Prairie State’s relatively high spendable average income is a positive, it should be noted the state is at the same time plagued by high out-migration of families with children and extraordinarily poor job creation.

-------------------------------------------
Here in South Dakota we are always near the bottom of state rankings for teacher's pay, but they never include the low cost of living or that we are second from the top for having a low tax burden and don't forget that they only work 9 months out of the year.

My sister is a teacher, and one of my close friends' wife has her degree, teacher's certificate etc, and she can't get her foot in the door because of the competition. I believe you get better teachers when you get the people that want to teach for the job's sake and not for the money.

Last edited:
My Cousin has a Master's Degree and is an elementary school teacher in Wisconsin. Big fireworks this past summer when the Governor and state legislaturer's took away their union collective bargaining rights and and basically made the union even more useless. The change also makes them contribute a small portion of their pay to their own pension plan. She is pissed.

I always wondered why teachers are paid so lowly. Lived for a couple weeks in a teacher's family in Illinois and he had to work in a shoe shop to earn some extra money. Well paid over here and lots of vacation.

...with a totally different socio-economic/political system over there as well. May have something to do with the disparity.

I always wondered why teachers are paid so lowly....
Not Public School Teachers!!! Grossly overpaid.
You must have stayed with a teacher who taught in a private Catholic school or something like that.
Their salaries are bottom of the barrel.

Last edited:
My cousin is well paid fo being a public school elementary teacher and she only works 9 months a year.

There are some fabulous teachers who are grossly underpaid & there are horrible teachers who are grossly overpaid. Problem is you can't fire the shitty teachers cuz the union won't let you. That is a HUGE part of the problem in American schools.

Can't usually fire them over here as well in general, civil servants at least the older ones that started till the mid 90s, still qualtity of education is rated above average in general compared to other European countries. Most of them take early retirement in their 50s mostly for psychological reasons, they say.

Do you do income tax returns?

My father was a tax accountant. He always did mine for me.
My ex- was a Special IRS agent. She always did them for us.
After the divorce and my father's death, I did my first one. I made a mistake that cost me $2,200.
I've paid someone ever since.

I got a nice friendly letter a year later saying "Hey - you effed up. you owe us 22 hundred bucks more plus penalty..."

Back