1967 Plymouth Fury 3 Hardtop

Just gonna put these here for organizational purposes. I wasn't sure how the final product would turn out.....that's why I started it in "general discussion".
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Yes I painted the radiator cap. With the radiator cleaned up.....it just wasn't up to par.
image.jpeg

Here today's project. Clean up and install a new trans pan. Can you spot the little bonus that comes with this pan!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

So far so good. It's a used unit so it's any bodies guess lol. I got the leaks taken care of in time to foul the plugs! Yay is me lol

Well I had my maiden voyage with the bigblock in the fury yesterday and WHAT a difference from the 318. I've still got a few things to work out on it tho. The 3.91 suregrip has got to come out lol. 2800 rpm @ 45mph! I love the grunt that I get from it but I didn't realize I'd loose the majority of my cruise-ability! I knew I'd loose some but holy crap! So next will be swapping the 2.76's back in and finishing the exhaust to the back. Here we are at my buddies house. Furthest it's been from home in a year! I probly put about 100 miles on it yesterday. Wanna do a hundred more today!!
image.jpeg

Well I had my maiden voyage with the bigblock in the fury yesterday and WHAT a difference from the 318. I've still got a few things to work out on it tho. The 3.91 suregrip has got to come out lol. 2800 rpm @ 45mph! I love the grunt that I get from it but I didn't realize I'd loose the majority of my cruise-ability! I knew I'd loose some but holy crap! So next will be swapping the 2.76's back in and finishing the exhaust to the back. Here we are at my buddies house. Furthest it's been from home in a year! I probly put about 100 miles on it yesterday. Wanna do a hundred more today!!View attachment 78406
Awesome, man. Please post a small video of you cruising if you get the time.

That first cruise after doing so much work is the icing on the cake. I would say fudge with sprinkles. Sweet.

Couldn't efn believe it!! I'm lucky in all honesty. I put probly 100+ miles on the boat today. On my way home at approximately 9pm I was 2 miles or so from home she does a 3 second sputter.....Neutral .....lil throttle,seem to clear up. On the way up a hill it happens again..... I know , what the heck right! So I make it to the light with a couple more stutters and it idles fine, I hit the gas and it accelerates and stutters. I'm now about make my left onto the street, just prior to initiating the turn it dies....neutral..... hit the key and got a slight back fire so I left it off. I manage to jump out while still rolling (work smarter not harder:)) to keep the momentum going. I make it a 1/4 way down my 1/4 mile road. The neighbors saw me and help push thank god! So she's safe with a melted coil wire and distributor cap. Bad/ loose wire??..... Hopefully ! Pics to follow , just glad she home!!

Last edited:
Couldn't efn believe it!! I'm lucky in all honesty. I put probly 100+ miles on the boat today. On my way home at approximately 9pm I was 2 miles or so from home she does a 3 second sputter.....Neutral .....lil throttle,seem to clear up. On the way up a hill it happens again..... I know , what the heck right! So I make it to the light with a couple more stutters and it idle fine, I hit the gas and it accelerates and stutters. I'm now about make my left onto the street, just prior to initiating the turn it dies....neutral..... hit the key and got a slight back fire so I left it off. I manage to jump out while still rolling (work smarter not harder:)) to keep the momentum going I make it a 1/4 way down my 1/4 mile road. The neighbors saw me and help push thank god! So she's safe with a melted coil wire and distributor cap. Bad/ loose wire??..... Hopefully ! Pics to follow , just glad she home!!
Man, that is something I have never heard of in 45 years of turning wrenches. Please post pictures of this, and give us all the specific information on the ignition system upgrades. Glad your safe.

Sounds great ... the 2.76's are a nice gear with the 440. Effortless cruising and passing power
I'm still running the 3.91s at this point. Be I've got an offer to trade a 2.76 sure grip for my 3.91 but I'm the fence about loosing my low end grunt. Oh decisions decisions.
Here's a couple pics of the coil wire/ distributor damage. Cap and wires are new. It has been suggested to me that maybe the blaster 2 coil and the msd6al might be to much for 7mm wires. Still in the air on that one tho.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Oh yea, on my 1st trip home I found my amber high beams on the porch so I stuck em in. What do you guys think?
image.jpeg

Back