NOT MINE 1967 Plymouth Fury VIP 383 Commando HP Hardtop Sedan Only 17K Miles - $55,000 (Westchester, New York)

I remember this one from the Instagram sign up bullshit. I think even a fake account on anything now-a-daze needs a phone number to sign up. Buyer beware...
You can always get a Google Voice phone# tied to your real # and get a layer of anonymity. From citizens, at least.

Does the six figures include the two after the decimal point?
No. I was being sarcastic, so my 6-figures includes dollars only.
Although 'they' are predicting that US inflation is dropping by a few percentage points, so maybe it's a $53k car now.

Just bought the car.
It took 12 hours of listening to him jabbering about his kittens, photo collection of blimps crashing, fire hydrants, hammers used to pry nails off of prison walls,
weasels on drugs, etc.
Anyway I am stripping it for the demo derby in Guam next month.

Will post pics shortly.

You can text me here: pete-loaf+-_"}&#!!806/xwPQal if you want to get a better deal.

1967 Plymouth Fury VIP 383 Commando HP Hardtop Sedan Only 17K Miles...

This is my 1967 PLYMOUTH FURY VIP 383 Commando HP Hardtop Sedan - Elite Survivor.

Elite Survivors are the most intrinsically valuable old cars of all. The real thing. In a class by themselves. The market is awakening to their value over megadollar counterfeit restorations. These aren’t going to get any cheaper because they cannot be duplicated at any cost.

383/325 HP H-Code engine (Big Block V8)

*It is an absolute must that you see an additional 136 excellent photos and videos of the car with many captions and descriptions here: FOR SALE: 1967 Plymouth Fury VIP Hardtop 383 Commando H-Code. (@383vip) • Instagram photos and videos You may not have access to that page if you don't have an Instagram account, or if you're not signed in. I suggest signing up with a little b.s. account in order to see the extra photos and videos. You can always cancel it later.

View attachment 575599

Oh not again, keep the price at 55k it ain't goin' nowhere any time soon

Oh not again...
You started it. :)

1673755132963.png

Well, Westchester is like the second richest county in NYS, so 55k is like pocket change there. Hee hee.
What did Jed Clampett say. "Walking around money."
Yeah I grew up in Westchester County. Moved out of there to Arizona because of the cost of houses there.

In your defense, it is a spectacular car, and I was going to post it - but you beat me to it.

Soon:

Richard_VIP

"I am the owner of this car. To all the naysayers out there, F*** off. I know what I have and I will get what's coming to me. So bugger off with your comments ripping the car. I purchased it fair and square for $2k from the original owner....."

Yeah, 55K is nuts. Let’s say that a regular survivor 67 Plymouth Fury/VIP 4 door with, say, 60K miles in appropriate condition is worth 10-15K these days, how much is the premium for an “elite” survivor over that?
I’d personally pay a good 50% more, maybe a bit higher if the car was as good as the seller describes but even at a 50% premium, that’s still low 20’s.
At that price I would consider it but at 25K plus, I’d look for a nice two door or convertible fusie.

It is a beautiful car. however, unless that is just the car you needed to own, I can buy (and did) a 1974 Imperial Crown coupe package, a 1975 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance with < 20k miles and a 1979 Oldsmobile 98 Regency with 14k miles for that money and have about $7k left over for shipping, taxes and parts / repairs. Best wishes regardless.

Actually, Kijiji is the Canadian version of Craigslist. They don't have Kijiji in the US.

What is Offer Up? Never heard of it.
Hemmings make an offer site is best for my experience. Selling a high end car on Craigslist is a no go in most cases.

If he wants big boy money he should put it on one of the big boy auctions, I agree Craigslist is not where it should be posted.
I guess he wants to be the big fish in the small pond, rather than the small fish in the big pond!
Wonder if this thread will still be going in 2 or 3 months from now?

what is fuel flow tested at 400 hp and why new ball joints with that low mileage.

what is fuel flow tested at 400 hp and why new ball joints with that low mileage.
Probably means they measured the volume of fuel consumed during some non-scientific test, and then calculated that into a HP output via some BSFC constant (Brake Specific Fuel Consumption) and said Wow! 400hp!
Likely ignored burning excess fuel, didn't know that calc'ing with fuel volume holds a lot of inaccuracy vs using fuel mass (which accounts for temperature variation, which affects volume).

I worked at a place that did some diesel-engine fuel usage testing, and it required a $25-50k machine that did a lot of 'refinement' to standardize the fuel for measuring how much the engine consumed.
Probably be much less expensive on an engine with a returnless fuel system, but still not cheap.

To paraphrase the great Thomas Sowell - 'He got an answer he liked, why would he dig any further?'

Probably means they measured the volume of fuel consumed during some non-scientific test, and then calculated that into a HP output via some BSFC constant (Brake Specific Fuel Consumption) and said Wow! 400hp!
Likely ignored burning excess fuel, didn't know that calc'ing with fuel volume holds a lot of inaccuracy vs using fuel mass (which accounts for temperature variation, which affects volume).

I worked at a place that did some diesel-engine fuel usage testing, and it required a $25-50k machine that did a lot of 'refinement' to standardize the fuel for measuring how much the engine consumed.
Probably be much less expensive on an engine with a returnless fuel system, but still not cheap.

To paraphrase the great Thomas Sowell - 'He got an answer he liked, why would he dig any further?'
Well there ya go! Fury Fan, that explains the high price of the car!
Didn't it just drop the full price of a nice c body from $55k to $36k!
$55k divided by 3 = 3 nice cars.

The seller went from putting next to nothing in detail on the prior location to giving a huge history of these cars and this car on the Ebay listing. Don't know if it will sell but hope if I decide to sell my 75 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance or 1979 Olds 98 Regency sedan that I can get that kind of money At this point, I could buy both of them for less than the VIP price . Not that I don't love the VIP from my days of growing up around my grandfather's garage in Western MD and especially liking the 1967 Plymouth .

Back