1967 Plymouth Sport Fury convertible project

Left and right quarter panels in their place... 95% of the welding done :beavisnbutthead:

The rear end of the car after first painting round.

In the mean time I've been working with the dash... And I tell you, the one thing I hate is painting, way too difficult for me :BangHead: I managed to drop one heavy clamp on the dash and had to do some repair painting... I am glad that someone else is doing the car painting, otherwise it would never get ready... for me the smaller parts are just enough.

The dash is almost ready, but when putting the wiring back, I noticed
that one of the wires and connectors at the firewall inlet had melt. Let's see now
what kind of fix I'll do with that.

Hopefully only a couple of weeks from getting the car to my own carage :dancing_monkey:
After that it will be heavy installing and then back to paintshop to
get the final coating.

OK, some work has been done again...

A new front speaker going to it's place. BTW, in Finland I found only 1 place where they sell 4x10 speakers, not that easy to get.

The melted connector and cable that I mentioned in the last post. I decided to fix it,
these wiring things are a bit difficult to find for 1967 Fury.

The instrument panel light test, all works (of course, all pulps changed):

The NOS clock in its place:

The dash starts to be ready...

But I managed to break again the painting in the front of the dash. Of course, right after I had put all the pieces together. Even though I had an old planket under the dash, it left fabric marks on the painting...
So fixing it AGAIN.

The radio was fixed with the help of manual from Ebay, these parts
where changed. Now the radio works as new.

Initially I was planning to put these chrome wheels on:

but since then I realized that I've Road wheels on my RAM:

I have to find center caps for these, but actually the chrome rims will
look better on RAM and these will look better in my Fury.

:eek:s_dancing2:

I have some center caps over at storage I've been meaning to get some pics of and ask about on here. I'm not sure if they came off a Ram or a C body.

I'll get them or at least take some pics next time I'm there in a few weeks

The previous owner of the RAM told that they came off from some older Mopar, but I did not realize that they most likely are from C-body before reading here on the forum about those :)

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

I have some center caps over at storage I've been meaning to get some pics of and ask about on here. I'm not sure if they came off a Ram or a C body.

I'll get them or at least take some pics next time I'm there in a few weeks

Oh yeah, why would you hurry up on that? None of us have ANY interest

It's a 2 hour drive man .. they are probably all truck centers anyway. I have one in the garage but not sure if they are all like it or not. The are several caps the place and some may be different.

The one in the garage looks like this but the center says "Chrysler Corporation" around the perimeter.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Great week, new tattoo on Friday and on Saturday she finally comes home :) I will put all the parts together and then take it back to be painted. :yaayy:

This and the past week has been final assemblies and painting and rust removal. I tried the phosphoric acid and seems to be great stuff:

I don't if that particular cleaner has some other stuff in it, but yes, phosphoric acid. Here in Finland the acid can be bought from pharmacy, but I got mine from a swap meet.

Phosphoric Acid.
As in THIS Phosphoric Acid?

1featd.jpg

Yep concrete cleaner. Get it at homedepot.

6dfa3a82-2631-469a-ad51-bb6f7c88611f_400.jpg

For paint and grease removal I used I use;
e072796a-fc71-42f1-929c-e8cd0d94bfa2_400.jpg

What a 1967 painted wheel looked like after a 12 hour soak in a 5:1 water to degreaser mix;

IMAG0542.jpg

e072796a-fc71-42f1-929c-e8cd0d94bfa2_400.jpg

IMAG0542.jpg

6dfa3a82-2631-469a-ad51-bb6f7c88611f_400.jpg

Back