1967 Plymouth sport fury convertible Wheels 17" of 15"????

Adebrea

Reaction score
I recently got my tax return which gives me some money to spend on new rims and tires. I can't decide on them. I like the look of 17" chrome wheels but like 15" with white letter tires. Anyone put 17" rims on and had a fitment problem? There are some on e-bay with front that are 8" wide and rears 9" wide. i like the wider tires in the rear but not totally sure they will fit. car is 4 wheel drum but have the stuff to convert the front to disk. Anyone with 17" rims have pictures? Can't decide to go with the 5 spoke chrome or go with slot wheels. seems like everyone has the 5 spoke chrome or mag 500 rims. any thoughts are appreciated. Need some help deciding. i spent all day yesterday looking at rims and tires. these are some of my favs.

320c_chrome_mod.jpg675.jpgpro_star.jpgtorq-thrust_ii.jpg$T2eC16V,!)!E9s2fB+wFBR2vbtFdLw~~60_57.jpg

320c_chrome_mod.jpg

675.jpg

pro_star.jpg

torq-thrust_ii.jpg

$T2eC16V,!)!E9s2fB+wFBR2vbtFdLw~~60_57.jpg

I don't like the first one at all, it belongs on a truck and even then...

the carpet and seats are out and the new floor pans are on the way. new carpet and a new radiator are on the way. want to re do the seats and door panels but its 800 for door panels and about 1600 to redo the front and rear seats. car has 4 different rims now and tires are junk so want to get them first so I can drive it when I get the floors done. coming along!

i figured i would get that response on the first rim. it's more of a circle track/race car looking rim

If you going to do that maybe consider some of the 17" Magnum 500 style which will look slick on that Fury

haven't heard about them being phased out. what makes you say that. i like 17" because a convertible is more of a sporty kind of car rather than muscle. 15" wheels with white letter tires seem more muscle car kind of thing. i guess that just how I think anyway. will look into 17" mag 500 but those wheels might look weird in 17"

I say that because it seems like everything has gone to 18's and 20's except for some truck wheels

found a few don't think i would go with a 17 or 18" wheel if it was a mag
$_57 (1).jpg

like these
$_57.jpgion_625_gray_large.jpg

$_57 (1).jpg

$_57.jpg

ion_625_gray_large.jpg

I like the rim in the second picture of you first post. Who did you find to do your door / rear interior panels? Just curious as I called a place last year in Oregon and they told me 400 dollars a piece to restore my old panels. Thanks John.

The price was $795 for 4 pre-made ready to install new door panels from SMS Auto fabrics online. www.smsautofabrics.com. but the picture they sent me of one of the panels isn't the right panel for my car. this place is in oregon too, same place?

I like the rim in the second picture of you first post. Who did you find to do your door / rear interior panels? Just curious as I called a place last year in Oregon and they told me 400 dollars a piece to restore my old panels. Thanks John.

This one? Me too but I think the Magnum 500 would look better on it

attachment.php

ami.jpg

...who likes the first wheels?

It's not a fury, i know...
886826_10200933105834057_1192695050_o.jpg
I can't find a pic of a fury on the fly, but I like that look.

886826_10200933105834057_1192695050_o.jpg

Yes, it was SMS. They need me to mail my 4 old panels to them. They re use the top metal part of the door panel, and they need the stainless trim pieces from all 4 of the panels to use on the new panels along with the 2 Sport Fury emblems on the door panels. I want the panels to have the original look to them, the local shops said they could not do this.

I am going through the same thing on my 65 Newport. I am thinking I may have to stay with a 17 x 7 in the rear with a 4 inch back space so they wont rub the wheel wells.......

I will be watching this thread closely !

ami.jpg

...who likes the first wheels?

It's not a fury, i know...
View attachment 24648
I can't find a pic of a fury on the fly, but I like that look.
The only thing worse than a wheel with a bunch of small round holes cut out of it is one with no holes at all, like the Crager SSTs. IMO.

The only thing worse than a wheel with a bunch of small round holes cut out of it is one with no holes at all, like the Crager SSTs. IMO.

I totally agree with the second part. These things only belong to a salt lake...

Back