1968 chrysler new yorker strange options

71petty

Reaction score
HEY I HAVE A 68 NY I HAVE OWNED FOR ABOUT 20 YEARS very weird options and its an export car still has the export tag on rad support. Its a 4dr htp with auto on the floor performance guage on console black leather buckets no drivers headrest but one on pass side also pass side reclines am fm radio with the foot search option manual windows 300 style rear seat semi buckets vacuum operated trunk rear defrost lighters mounted on b pillars and rear of console 3.23 rearend car was exported to panama I have all the paperwork from Chrysler international also the owners and operators manuals are in Spanish which shows right hand drive cars even the plastic bag for the owners manuals are in Spanish has the 440 tnt motor disc brakes a-c haven't seen to many 4drs with floor shift have all broadcast sheets. the car left galen govier babbling. will never sell nothing rides like a cbody chrysler

899.jpg

698.jpg

Nothing drives like a Mopar period, Very nice car do you have a interior picture?

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.
Can you share a picture of the fender tag or broadcast sheet?

Neat car. Guess whoever ordered that car was able to get a few "unconventional options" added to the vehicle.

I looked at a 65/66 Polara many years ago, it was a 4dr with buckets and a console, but still was a column shift!

That's a cool car and obviously went to someone important originally.....

By the way, every C body leaves Galen babbling. He knows very little about them and what he does know is accidental knowledge

You waited all this time to reveal that beauty to us??? I definitely have to see more of this car, it looks gorgeous.

The passenger side only headrest is not that uncommon for the year. My 68 Monaco 500 is the same. Your car is a beauty.

I've only seen G.G. holding court one time several yearz ago at Carlisle to half ah dozen under 20 year oldz. I waz less then impressed
Jer, I think you nailed it right there. If you love a C body, you cant possibly have the mentality of a 20 year old.

Pictures (lots!) of the interior PLEASE!

And a Slab that actually looks right with Road Wheels. Cant say that often.

I've only seen G.G. holding court one time several yearz ago at Carlisle to half ah dozen under 20 year oldz. I waz less then impressed
I was probably in that room Jerry, I sat in on one of those about 12 years ago.... what a snooze fest. Hemi wheels this and six pack hood that, couldn't take it....see ya

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by BIGBARNEYCARS I've only seen G.G. holding court one time several yearz ago at Carlisle to half ah dozen under 20 year oldz. I waz less then impressed

I was probably in that room Jerry, I sat in on one of those about 12 years ago.... what a snooze fest. Hemi wheels this and six pack hood that, couldn't take it....see ya

So you must be in your early 30s now Young gun. ;)

But he still seems to have more energy than my sorry self for example. ;)

Back