Status
Not open for further replies.

tbm3fan

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Convertible and hardtop

1968 DODGE CORONET RT 44 CONVERTIBLE ONLY 413 MADE

Hi have nice restored frame off 68 rt 440 convert bucket seat ac car .Verified buy galen govier not sure real money is on car .Oner has collectio 20 cars asking 80,000 only 400 made thanks please leave number if serious ,,,also has same car hardtop asking 47,500

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4912165962.html

00i0i_6VgzxS8IxAk_600x450.jpg

00W0W_5IZpOHTvtqb_600x450.jpg

00J0J_j5QXDcNNwO1_600x450.jpg

00z0z_guKJM3IHcq6_600x450.jpg

I noticed that there is a drip pan under it.... For this kind of money, I would expect no oil dripping at all ever.

Yea, I saw the drip pan too. I hope that is a typo although these cars are no longer cars, they've become "investments" and/or "retirement plans". I won't be too shocked if that's the asking price. Hell, people are making Super Furys these days, so ya never know.

Great looking car, love the '68s!

Jeez I just think things are getting out of hand regards prices now ,No ordinary working man could afford that I think these sellers need a reality check.:BangHead:

Jeez I just think things are getting out of hand regards prices now ,No ordinary working man could afford that I think these sellers need a reality check.:BangHead:

As the owner of a 69 R/T vert, I can assure you that an 80K asking price for that car is 'ambitious'. There are darn few non Hemi or automatic verts that will sell in that price range. I've seen a couple of cars sell for close to that but they were some of the top of the line restos and/or four speed cars. Really nice 440 autos will probably top out about 50K.

Last edited:
As the owner of a 69 R/T vert, I can assure you that an 80K asking price for that car is 'ambitious'. There are darn few non Hemi automatic verts that will sell in that price range. I've seen a couple of cars sell for close to that but they were some of the top of the line restos and/or four speed cars. Really nice 440 autos will probably top out about 50K.
I suppose if your hearts set on a car the money doesn't matter you just pay it and take it home But I still think prices are to high unless it's a hemi or rt I think they are the ones that everybody wants

I suppose if your hearts set on a car the money doesn't matter you just pay it and take it home But I still think prices are to high unless it's a hemi or rt I think they are the ones that everybody wants

This one is an R/T and it's loaded up pretty good. Maybe $80K is too high but 68 R/T's esp converts are very rarely up for sale and this one is supposedly a very top quality one. I can find all the 68 GTX converts, or 69 RR verts and hardtops, 68-70 Super Bee's, I want not even too terribly difficult to find a 69 or 70 Coronet R/T convert sale history but finding it for 68 Coronet R/T converts or one actually for sale is a few a far between proposition for any trans configuration or color. If you don't believe me go try to find another that isn't one of the 2 hemi converts that have been up for sale lately.

I'd say a 68-9 GTX or 69 RR convert that's very nicely done would be in the $45-60K range. This is much rarer.

Here's how this one decodes

CAR: Dodge Coronet R/T 2 Door Convertible
ENGINE: 440cid 4-bbl HP V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic
TIRES: F70x14 Red Side Wall, Steel Belted
BUILD DATE: November 22.
AXLE: Unknown Axle Code
INTERIOR: Silver on Black Interior.
PAINT:
OTHER: Black Racing Stripe.

MOLDINGS:
19: Wide Sill Mouldings
30: Body Belt Mouldings

ABC OPTIONS:
A1: 26in Radiator
H1: Power Brakes
K8: Power Windows
R1: AM Radio
S1: Air Conditioning
T7: Tachometer
X1: Tinted Glass (all)
Y1: Black Convertible Top

abc OPTIONS:
a6: Console
b4: Bucket Seats
h7: Fender or Hood Mounted Turn Signal Indicators
k7: Passenger Outside Manual Mirror
m6: Driver's Outside Remote Operated Mirror

flexing your B body muscles I see

I've been doing my best of find them for sale for a long time, not as long or as successfully as you have been doing with the 70 Polara 500 converts but for quite a while and the difficult thing is finding them for for sale or finding evidence of sales history. Not everyone wants one mind you .. but if you for whatever reason like them and want to find one or like me are looking for comps .. it's not easy. There were actually more 68 R/T converts made than 69, and more 69's made than 70's but both are easier to find for sale or find sales history for at the auctions.

Oh and I respect Doug's knowledge and opinions fully .. he know's much more than I do about most things Coronet R/T no doubt. I'm just speaking about my own observations.

btw a friend sent me this ad yesterday so I had a little head start. I had it decoded already.

Thanks friend ;)

I'd say a 68-9 GTX or 69 RR convert that's very nicely done would be in the $45-60K range. This is much rarer.

Here's how this one decodes

CAR: Dodge Coronet R/T 2 Door Convertible
ENGINE: 440cid 4-bbl HP V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic
TIRES: F70x14 Red Side Wall, Steel Belted
BUILD DATE: November 22.
AXLE: Unknown Axle Code
INTERIOR: Silver on Black Interior.
PAINT:
OTHER: Black Racing Stripe.

MOLDINGS:
19: Wide Sill Mouldings
30: Body Belt Mouldings

ABC OPTIONS:
A1: 26in Radiator
H1: Power Brakes
K8: Power Windows
R1: AM Radio
S1: Air Conditioning
T7: Tachometer
X1: Tinted Glass (all)
Y1: Black Convertible Top

abc OPTIONS:
a6: Console
b4: Bucket Seats
h7: Fender or Hood Mounted Turn Signal Indicators
k7: Passenger Outside Manual Mirror
m6: Driver's Outside Remote Operated Mirror

This is a case of "more rare" doesn't = more desirable. RR convertibles are still more desirable than R/Ts. R/Ts don't come up for sale very often. The R/T verts sales I know of top out in the $60-70 range and they were desirable colors, combinations or exceptional restorations. I sure wish they were bringing more but they don't seem to.

S6X interior= black vinyl.

SS1=paint = yellow

How many 69's? How many 70s?

69:

483 total.

426 for sale in US.
of those:
10 Hemis. Four 4 speeds, 6 automatics.
99 440 four speeds
317 440 automatics.

70:

269 total
236 for sale in the US.
Of those:
One hemi four speed
Sixteen 440-4bbl four speeds
203 440-4bbl autos
Seven 440-6 four speeds
Nine 440-6 automatics.

I would guess 8.75" axle with 3.23 and 50/50 on being a Sure Grip.

I would love to have another Super Bee....383 would be good enough for me.

Or even a 318 Coronet or Belvedere....turn it to a 440 Bobby Special!

569 in '68, 483 in '69 and 296 in '70.

All together now...

Here is some eye candy:

69 in V2
70 orange 440-6bbl automatic
70 440-4 four speed in Plum Crazy

WS27L9G260281_1.jpg

70Coronet_vert_440_600.jpg

DM_June_RT_VERT_800.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back