For Sale 1968 Coronet RT 440 vert

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a case of "more rare" doesn't = more desirable.
I am fully aware of that Doug. I think we all are. /6 Chargers are pretty rare but not more desirable than a 440 Charger R/T same vintage / same condition.

RR convertibles are still more desirable than R/Ts. R/Ts don't come up for sale very often. The R/T verts sales I know of top out in the $60-70 range and they were desirable colors, combinations or exceptional restorations. I sure wish they were bringing more but they don't seem to.

RR converts ... more people want one, but they are more plentiful because A. they produced more, and B. everyone has always wanted one so more were restored that can or could be restored, so easier to find so I'd say the supply = demand for those that have the $ and that keeps the market at the $45-60K range.

I concur with your assessment of the R/T figure but with so few sales to look at compared to other 68-70 non Hemi or V code converts it's hard to say with certainly because the 68 R/Ts comps I've found are so minuscule ... they are so hard to find, which results in the availability of quality, or any for that matter, 68 R/T's converts does not necessarily = demand so that drives the price a little higher for those people who want one over something else.

That is what I'm saying.

S6X interior= black vinyl.

SS1=paint = yellow

I know but didn't pursue the interior or paint code issues .. just did a quick decode with the mymopar decoder and wasn't planning to post it at the time so I just pasted it here. You probably decoded the whole tag from memory though LOL.

There was a 70 R/T hardtop 440 4 speed with a Dana 60 sublime green, black buckets with 19,000 miles for sale at one of lizard lots here in Maryland a couple of years ago selling for $75,000. No A/C. Solid #2 condition.

What would think the value of that car would be?

There was a 70 R/T hardtop 440 4 speed with a Dana 60 sublime green, black buckets with 19,000 miles for sale at one of lizard lots here in Maryland a couple of years ago selling for $75,000. No A/C. Solid #2 condition.

What would think the value of that car would be?

No idea w/o seeing it just like with the C bodies. #2 on who's scale?

Also 440 4 speed - no A/C available excluding "stories"

68-70 B Bodies Coupe and Hardtops that are nice to various levels of "rotisserie" restoration tend to be in a wide range of $25-$30K to $40-$50K depending on a lot of factors like color, 4 speed or auto trans, options like buckets and console, and others, low miles like this one, story, how "correct" or personal taste is it, and again color and trans and above all overall execution.

And what is it. A 70 RR is extremely desirable to a lot of people .. a 70 Coronet R/T or Super Bee is less popular or appeals to a smaller crowd.

This one is an R/T and it's loaded up pretty good. Maybe $80K is too high but 68 R/T's esp converts are very rarely up for sale and this one is supposedly a very top quality one. I can find all the 68 GTX converts, or 69 RR verts and hardtops, 68-70 Super Bee's, I want not even too terribly difficult to find a 69 or 70 Coronet R/T convert sale history but finding it for 68 Coronet R/T converts or one actually for sale is a few a far between proposition for any trans configuration or color. If you don't believe me go try to find another that isn't one of the 2 hemi converts that have been up for sale lately.

I'd say a 68-9 GTX or 69 RR convert that's very nicely done would be in the $45-60K range. This is much rarer.

Here's how this one decodes

CAR: Dodge Coronet R/T 2 Door Convertible
ENGINE: 440cid 4-bbl HP V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic
TIRES: F70x14 Red Side Wall, Steel Belted
BUILD DATE: November 22.
AXLE: Unknown Axle Code
INTERIOR: Silver on Black Interior.
PAINT:
OTHER: Black Racing Stripe.

MOLDINGS:
19: Wide Sill Mouldings
30: Body Belt Mouldings

ABC OPTIONS:
A1: 26in Radiator
H1: Power Brakes
K8: Power Windows
R1: AM Radio
S1: Air Conditioning
T7: Tachometer
X1: Tinted Glass (all)
Y1: Black Convertible Top

abc OPTIONS:
a6: Console
b4: Bucket Seats
h7: Fender or Hood Mounted Turn Signal Indicators
k7: Passenger Outside Manual Mirror
m6: Driver's Outside Remote Operated Mirror
You guys obviously know your cars .Im just a novice when it comes to american cars I was just commenting. On the price ,I think I'll take a back seat on this and keep my opinions to myself before I make a fool of myself

No idea w/o seeing it just like with the C bodies. #2 on who's scale?

Also 440 4 speed - no A/C available excluding "stories"

68-70 B Bodies Coupe and Hardtops that are nice to various levels of "rotisserie" restoration tend to be in a wide range of $25-$30K to $40-$50K depending on a lot of factors like color, 4 speed or auto trans, options like buckets and console, and others, low miles like this one, story, how "correct" or personal taste is it, and again color and trans and above all overall execution.

And what is it. A 70 RR is extremely desirable to a lot of people .. a 70 Coronet R/T or Super Bee is less popular or appeals to a smaller crowd.

The 70 RT verts have the smallest production number.
The 70 Coronets are "love it or hate it" cars usually.
So they do have a die hard following.

Unfortunatly a lot of them were EB5, FF4, EF8, FK5 etc and factory Hi impact coloured ones are hard to find.
There is a bunch of orange v-codes verts but FC7 is hard to come by ie.

There haven't been many 68s for sale lately. I do not think it has to do with popularity.
Out of my memorey:
GG1 green car, converted to 4-speed, driver car in the low 30s.
AA1 silver project car, factory 4-speed car needs everything 15k
QQ1 blue: There was a guy who had to of them both nice and not on the cheap side

just sayin, like the lines better on all three yrs. of the Coronet over the R/R. think the Dodge was 1" longer,just sayin.
th
IMO,one of the nicest rearends on any Dodge any car. Nice, nose also.
th

The 70 RT verts have the smallest production number.
The 70 Coronets are "love it or hate it" cars usually.
So they do have a die hard following.

Unfortunatly a lot of them were EB5, FF4, EF8, FK5 etc and factory Hi impact coloured ones are hard to find.
There is a bunch of orange v-codes verts but FC7 is hard to come by ie.

There haven't been many 68s for sale lately. I do not think it has to do with popularity.

I concur with all of that and think I said the same thing basically but not the part about the paint colors. Also I don't think the lack of 68's has to do with a lack of popularity.

I like all 3 years but the 70 especially is love it or hate it like you said

Out of my memorey:
GG1 green car, converted to 4-speed, driver car in the low 30s.
AA1 silver project car, factory 4-speed car needs everything 15k
QQ1 blue: There was a guy who had to of them both nice and not on the cheap side

Thanks for sharing Carsten, and I'd say those prices fit the impression I've formed ... well 1st one anyway. Difficult to know about the 2nd one w/o more details or seeing it.

just sayin, like the lines better on all three yrs. of the Coronet over the R/R. think the Dodge was 1" longer,just sayin. /QUOTE]

I agree, the Dodges have it all over the Plymouth..... I prefer the 70s

just sayin, like the lines better on all three yrs. of the Coronet over the R/R. think the Dodge was 1" longer,just sayin. /QUOTE]

I agree, the Dodges have it all over the Plymouth..... I prefer the 70s

I love them both, Plymouth and Dodges, but the 68 and 9's Coronet's had amazing body lines, and the front and rear of the 68's can't be beat IMHO .. for me the 70 RR has the edge on the 70 Coronet but I do still appreciate them as well.

'68 is my favorite year for all of the B bodies by far and I prefer the Dodges but love the Plymouths almost as much.

I'm not mainstream here. I have always perfered the Plymouth, and my favorite is the 69 GTX and Road Runner. The main reason these cars were offered was for performance and the Plymouth had the advantage with a shorter wheelbase and less weight. The ultimate Road Runner was the A12.
Going back a few years and the Max Wedge 62-64 Plymouths were the bad *** kids on the block.

70 Coronet yikes, who the hell approved that, no matter the years that go by there is no "growing on me" with that front end.

what should I say?
The 1970 Coronet is the best looking car on the planet for me.
It is not the back end but the front which makes it so unbeliveable great.

The chrome loop bumpers make it and are the reason why I love fuselage C-Bodies with chromeloop bumpers most, too (70/71 Fury, 70/71 Dodges, 69-71 Chryslers&Imperials).

So the 1970 Supe Bee and the 1970 Charger RT are my number #1 and #2 on the ultimate car list.

Not a fan of the loop bumper on 70 Charger either. 68-69 Bee or R/T are hands down the the best looking muscle cars period only out down by the A12 cars from either side.

I'm putting one.of those together sans wheels.

1968_Dodge_Charger_Bullitt_Chase_Scene_Car_For_Sale_Jumping_resize.jpg

1968_Dodge_Charger_Bullitt_Chase_Scene_Car_For_Sale_Jumping_resize.jpg

In this order for me,
Charger- '68, '70 then '69.
Coronet- '68, '69 then '70.
Plymouths- '68, '69 then '70.
Did I mention that I love them all???

Not a fan of the loop bumper on 70 Charger either. 68-69 Bee or R/T are hands down the the best looking muscle cars period only out down by the A12 cars from either side.

I'm putting one.of those together sans wheels.

View attachment 47486
I love that chase ,with2 of the creepiest hit men ever and the charger must have lost about 10hubcaps aswell

Speaking of Coronets and Road Runners did anyone see the Counting Cars show that had a husband and wife's 1970 Coronet and Road Runner convertibles? Just saw it tonight with both automatics and the Coronet with a 440. The budget set by the owner was 50,000K for the Coronet and 70,000K for the Road Runner. Floor board rust was extensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back