SOLD 1969 15" MoPar Kelsey Hayes Cast Road wheels - complete, original set. Unrestored !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It used to be common practice to retighten aluminum wheels after about 60mls when they became more popular as they seemed to Need that procedure. This was not practice back then I guess.
Today tire stores even have their custumers come in to retighten their steel rims after 60mls in some places at least in Germany.
I never noticed this to be necessary on any of my rims after several checks.

Run the lugs on until the impact wrench stops turning them. No wheel or life was ever harmed in all my years.

Impact wrench? Lug wrench with Bizeps torque gauger. Never failed for the last quarter century.:3gears:

Impact wrench? Lug wrench with Bizeps torque gauger. Never failed for the last quarter century.:3gears:

I would get myself a set of locking lug nuts,, Problem solved !! :head_smack: .:eek:ops:

711-255.jpg

Hahahaha locking lug nuts.... :sSig_lol3::rofl::sSig_lol3: that's a good one ,,,,

Er, that's how I have been doing it since 1972. Steel, Aluminum, whatever!! :eek:s_dancing2:

Me too, but the old timers on the board use torque wrenches. I never do. I tighten till it cant be tightened anymore then give it another quarter turn

If it can't be tightened any more, how then can you give it another quarter turn?
Are you super human?
Oh wait. I answered my own question.

Again, you don't get sarcasm or humor, I wouldn't expect you to understand

Yes, I missed it.

If we ever have a face to face conversation, we would be incommunicable.

I will see to it that it does not occur.
Your stick in the mud Floridian attitude coupled with your Snooty Bostonian demeanor will never bump elbows comfortably with my "Dead Pan" Jersey persona .

:VB toast:

Your stick in the mud Floridian attitude coupled with your Snooty Bostonian demeanor will never bump elbows comfortably with my "Dead Pan" Jersey persona .

:VB toast:
Stan's finally met his match :yaayy:

I don't know if that was being funny or serious....
You should play high stakes poker.

:bs_flag:
I just may have to get to Calisle...

You can have the usual, Crow. I'm done lunch and at Carlisle, there's no time for lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back