1969 - 1971 C body Stub Frame (subframe)

1970 Sport Fury BB V8 Stub Frame

These pictures are from a 1970 Fury 383/727 parts car. I believe the V8 stub frames are all the same. One of the pictures shows a close up of station 2.

DSCN8311.jpgDSCN8313.jpgDSCN8314.jpgDSCN8316.jpgDSCN8317.jpgDSCN8318.jpg

DSCN8311.jpg

DSCN8313.jpg

DSCN8314.jpg

DSCN8316.jpg

DSCN8317.jpg

DSCN8318.jpg

5% here, 23% there.
It's a collective effort based on what each tiny bit any one person has experience with...

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
Several years ago, on my 300, I had to replace the SubFrame with a donor from another 70 300 sitting in a junkyard which I bought and salvaged many parts from, should have done a better job in salvaging it, and categorizing the pulled parts, but, like everything we do 15 yrs ago, we need to be doing it better today -- at least this is my aim!
300DC1.jpg300DonarCar.jpg300Neglect1.jpgimg0098.jpg

300DC1.jpg

300DonarCar.jpg

300Neglect1.jpg

img0098.jpg

Radiator Yoke Differences

I wish you could lay the two of them flat down, one posed over the other,
and could shoot down with a camera while standing on a ladder.
But man that's a lot of work....

Attached are photos showing the difference between the TQ radiator support and the rigid mount support. I also have pictures showing the differences in the front wheel wells if anyone is interested.

TQ and Rigid next to each other.jpg
TQ support has provisions for the extra support bars that the TQ frame requires

TQ and Rigid yoke overlayed lt.jpg
You can see in these pictures the differences in the mounting points along with the extra gusset on the TQ support.

TQ and Rigid yoke overlayed.r.jpg

TQ and Rigid next to each other.jpg

TQ and Rigid yoke overlayed lt.jpg

TQ and Rigid yoke overlayed.r.jpg

Yes, please post the pics of the different wheel wells.

The wheel wells on the rigid frame cars bolt up to the frame in four spots whereas the Torsion Quiet wheel wells do not bolt to the frame at all, they only have a rubber splash shield connecting the wheel well to the frame.

TQ frame
Rear TQ wheel well.jpgFront TQ wheel well.jpg

Rigid frame
Rear wheelwell  rigid frame.jpgFront wheel well rigid frame.jpg

Front TQ wheel well.jpg

Front wheel well rigid frame.jpg

Rear TQ wheel well.jpg

Rear wheelwell  rigid frame.jpg

Frames Are Not All The Same

These pictures are from a 1970 Fury 383/727 parts car. I believe the V8 stub frames are all the same. One of the pictures shows a close up of station 2.

The V8 Frames are not all the same. The difference between the 47 inch torsion bar frames found on Chryslers and Dodges and the 44 inch torsion bar frames found on the Plymouth's and later Dodges can be identified by the torsion bar hex anchor in the crossmember. This is where the 3 inch difference is on both type of frames, on the longer T-bar frames the anchor is longer and protrudes out the back more than the shorter T-bar frames, all other dimensions are the same.

Plymouth Frame.jpgChrysler Frame.jpg

Plymouth Frame.jpg

Chrysler Frame.jpg

Yep,............anyone know the difference of a stub frame on a Six Barrel (6BBL) Sport Fury GT ???????

Back