1969 4-Door New Yorker for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

69-4door

Reaction score
Contact seller
I'll start off by taking a hit and being called an *** for taking a 440 and trans from a C Body for my B Body project. I grew up a mopar guy and actually took my driving test in a 69 Newport. I also owned a 68 Charger back in the early 80's so I have great respect and affection for mopars and certainly the c- bodies.

What I have is a 69 New Yorker. It was listed on here and FBBO (where I am a member) last year. Nothing special about the car, it is a 4door green in color. It's a great old car but the style and color is not in high demand.

I am not here looking to make a large amount of money (not that it's worth it) but I figured this is the best place for someone who may want/need it for parts etc. and I would hate to just sell it to a derby etc. I got the car just outside of Pittsburgh and drove it home to Burlington Ontario. The car ran and drove great. I could do well parting it out as everything is there and it all seems to work, wipers, heater, am/fm radio, dis brakes etc, however I do not have the space to leave it in my yard. Unless someone is close to me in the Buffalo area it's not really feasable for anyone south of the border either unless you are in a pinch.

I will post some pics or pm me your e-mail and I will send you some. Again I understand if some of you are not happy with my decision but I am not on here looking to make a bunch of money as I can get what I need out of it locally. I would rather it go to a person in need for a very reasonable price. I can give you some contacts from FBBO to verify that I'm not a bandit trying to scam anyone etc.

thanks for the opportunity to post.

Yeah not happy with your decision but that's life. I'd be interested in the radio and disc brake set up but have no room for a car.

I understand the feelings. If this was a rare car or even a 2 door I have no doubt it would have been scooped by someone else on here back when but it was for sale for a while before I grabbed it. If I had the room I would have just kept it and put a later 440 in it but like you no room for storage and I'm in a neighbourhood that is not that accepting of cars parked on the lawn. I never really thought that one out well enough before buying here I guess!

If I end up with a situation where I part it out I'll let you know.

Thanks for the reply.

Pictures would greatly help the sale of your car.

Here are a few pics. I have more on my phone and just have to transfer them to my PC.

1-IMG00081-20111111-1406.jpg

1-IMG00082-20111111-1406.jpg

1-IMG00083-20111111-1407.jpg

A few more of the pics off of my phone. As you can see she is not perfect. I have not touched the body at all and the primer was around the rear window and on the bottom quarter when I got it. It appears to be the typical rust issue around the rear window. I cannot tell how much was done to it in that area however the primer indicates nothing huge. These pics were taken in the storage yard after I removed the hubcaps. The rear window trim had already been removed as well as the quarter molding when i bought it but it is in the trunk. As you can see the dash and interior are in pretty fair shape. The trunk lid is rusted at the bottom of the passenger side. Not a right off but if someone was stuck for one this is certainly fixable.

Outside of what I have mentioned the pics are very honest. As stated previously my intention to post here is not out of a desire or need to try and make any significant money. The guy I bought it from was very fair with me and I have also had some great luck with many people in the US and Canada on FBBO finding parts for my Coronet. If I could recover a bit of my expenses and help someone out as well that would be great. If anyone has any questions etc just send me a message. I am a shift worker so if I don't get back to you immediately I promise to reply as soon as I can.

Thanks 1-IMG-20130327-00310.jpg1-IMG-20130327-00311.jpg1-IMG-20130327-00316.jpg1-IMG-20130327-00318.jpg1-IMG-20130327-00320.jpg1-IMG-20130327-00327.jpg

1-IMG-20130327-00310.jpg

1-IMG-20130327-00311.jpg

1-IMG-20130327-00316.jpg

1-IMG-20130327-00318.jpg

1-IMG-20130327-00320.jpg

1-IMG-20130327-00327.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back