1969 Fury Art Car

forzav12

Reaction score
After having zero interest in selling my Fury convertible a few months back, I decided to take a different approach. I'm an automotive artist and also teach art to high school students. My students and I decided to do our own ArtCar(as pioneered by BMW decades ago). We installed a 4bbl carb, manifold, dual exhaust, new windshield,carpet,wheels/tires,etc. We made our own top cover and door panels. Students presented design themes and we combined them into one design. One side of the car(pictured) depicts our school mascot turning gears,etc, the other side shows scenes and historical site of the community. We still have to install the new dash, stereo, seat belts,etc-also, the hood design is not complete(it will have a Hemi engine integrated with the designs already there. I realize this isn't everyone's cup of tea-but it got nearly 40 high school kids involved with an old Mopar(and cars in general)-none of them even knew what a Plymouth was before we started this project. The car has been a huge hit at the couple exhibits we've taken it to and there are many more shows that will see it this year-Art Walks, car shows, museums, etc-It should even make an appearance at Spring Fling!

crop5.jpg

Cool project. Got kids off the electronics for a while and something they can point to and say they were involved. Done nothing that will permanently damage the car, and maybe at least one or two will get into the c bodies

Thanks! They all know what a Fury is now. Here's a pic of the other side at a street fair. More characters,different wheels,new windshield since pic was taken.

crop6.jpg

Thanks! I will tell them. It's been featured in our local newspaper a few times. As I have a few contacts in the Mopar press world, I'm going to see about getting a little story about it.

I see nothing wrong with it, well done!

There were likely more Fury verts built in '69 than there were Imperial verts over the entire run of the Imperial line.

Excellent job re-purposing the car. More likely get more exposure and put in the history books compared to being sold off and stored away somewhere.
Whatever it takes to get kids interested in either art,or car or even both is awesome.

Back