1969 Fury Art Car

Now see if you get Ed Hardy to sign it, then set a new record for selling a C.

I'm glad most of you appreciate and "get" this project. This particular Fury was unloved and headed for a scrap yard. I saved it and began to do some work on it. I offered it up here with a lot of the new stuff(engine,exhaust,etc-it was a running,driving project) for very little money-I think 1200 would have taken it.
I know what it takes to have a show car, many of you have probably seen some of my other Mopars in magazines and online. I also know what a significant and rare car is-and have owned a number of them over the years. Even so, lets not forget that cars far more valuable than that poor Fury(and a 67 Imperial for that matter ;) )have been converted to artcars. There was Janice Joplin's Porsche 356, the Beatle's Rolls Royce and of course, the original BMW art cars that are now museum pieces after their time on track was over. This Fury was a great opportunity to introduce young people to the concept, a vintage Mopar and how to work together to produce art. Try and find another school "project" that had kids showing up by the dozens on week ends and holidays. They also wrote detailed artist statements about their ideas and tied them in to comparisons with famous artists. If at some point down the road this Fury became so valuable that it needed to be returned to stock, it would be easy to do so. Although every other art car has become significant in its own right and have remained as artwork.

I'm all for further exposure for C-bodies and for getting kids into car collecting, etc. I'm definitely a purist and a restoration guy but as has been said, no permanent disfigurement was done so no harm, no foul. I would have liked to buy this when it was for sale on this site but that's not realistic. I've got to finish what I have before I buy anything else.

Genius...................... An excellent way to expose some young folks to old cars, and resulting in a work of art that will likely inspire others when seen.

OHhh, and Dave, cars don't have feelings. But if they did I'm sure this old Plymouth would be feeling pretty proud.

Thanks Bluefury, I actually thought that the way they combined the original gold paint, the remnants of the cheap respray red and the play on the name badge to be pretty cool.

crop7.jpg

Genius...................... An excellent way to expose some young folks to old cars, and resulting in a work of art that will likely inspire others when seen.

OHhh, and Dave, cars don't have feelings. But if they did I'm sure this old Plymouth would be feeling pretty proud.

They dont? Did you tell Jazebelle and the Admiral that?

I'm in agreement on this, I think it's a great project for those kids and a fine job was done. Just look at the expressions of pride on their faces, that's priceless.:poke:

Seriously though, kudos to you and the students.

Wish there were more teachers like you, I give you a heck of a lot of respect, there's no telling the value of what the students learned, what path they might find because you gave an unloved Fury a better use.

I am with Dave in this case.
We think pretty often similar on a lot of car stuff

Carsten

i would try to sell it now, fund next years project ride... even raffle or fundraiser style sell it, you could turn this into a yearly thing.

- saylor

We can't sell it just yet-it's already booked for a few shows and demand is high in the community to have the car and the student artists at events.
I brought the Challenger to school the other day and the kids actually knew what it was!

Back