1969 Imperial progress thread

Whoa, wait, what? I overlooked that.
Thanks for scamming me Julian I’m sure I never will see the money you owe me.

I owe him nothing! As he stated himself, he NEVER sold me any parts. And as I have shown, he NEVER did any service for me.

The only thing that comes to my mind is that he is trying to charge me for forwarding parts but that never came up before. This was free. If not he should have mentioned that 17 month ago BEFORE doing it.

What a queer mind...

Yep, from that account I would be out of business.

Here are a few examples of how tobias sells/offers cars......

engine bay how he offers:
21.jpg

and the engine on the day I get the car:
20180929_171644 (Mittel).jpg

and a example for a "little" rust/bondo:
inside the left/right rear ends.......
20180929_132433 (Mittel).jpg

and the right rear end from outside:
20180929_135026 (Mittel).jpg

20180929_133940 (Mittel).jpg

inside:
20180929_134001 (Mittel).jpg

I think these are now the last words/pictures to the Imperial purchase of Tobias.......
I didn't check the whole car, hope that there won't be more surprises.......

21.jpg

21.jpg

Looks ok to me for a survivor vehicle around 50 years old. I'm sure had you paid more, Tobias or any seller could have corrected these minor looking issues.

I recall a Los Angeles seller telling me the vehicle was "nearly ready" but when it arrived in Wisconsin my friend Perry told me the only useable things were the name badges, seller even kept the windshield and when Perry called him, "I'm going to sell it separately" so you're luckier than me.

Seems to me that before you and Julian shoot your mouths off slamming Tobias, ask yourself - if the situation was reversed would you have done better???

On the face of it, $1000 for "simply" removing the vehicle floor is excessive, but if the job required two guys driving a 6 hour round trip, spending 3 hours with sawzalls removing the floor and other panels as no power was available for what you'd usually use in such a situation, then arranging overseas shipping, it seems positively cheap, also considering how close your countries are, compared to those of us down here in NZ or Australia, whatever you paid is a bargain.

Also consider this - parts availability for our cars of the 50s, 60s, 70s etc is minimal so, we all need friends who are willing to assist us.

I met my friend Perry through the Lincoln Forum as he was/is a well respected guy sourcing parts as a sideline to his day job. He's done more for me than could be imagined like driving my imperial from Utah to Wisconsin, storing it in his storage, arranging repairs, registration and insurance, driving 3 hours several times to check out and ultimately purchase a Cadillac for me, etc etc - and we're great friends.

I'm sure that similar friendships will be forged during my Calgary visit this November.

In short, you and Julian may feel ripped off and disappointed by Tobias, but you're the greater losers by slamming him as you have, I wish you luck when next you require cars or parts.

Last edited:
It's not about what's not ok about the car, it's about how it was offered to me and what the reality is like.
I have now imported 7 cars to Germany, except for my first ebay purchase, the cars were always as described by the seller. As I said, the description and then the reality are the problem.

418A78BA-EA7E-40D9-972D-5C7DB8030E12.jpeg
A76D05AF-9D6F-473C-BCA3-ADD32C253D00.jpeg
7FE7515D-6255-4ED6-AE33-6DF98A19500A.jpeg
4056A19C-2552-43E2-A388-875B007AD17A.jpeg
It's not about what's not ok about the car, it's about how it was offered to me and what the reality is like.
I have now imported 7 cars to Germany, except for my first ebay purchase, the cars were always as described by the seller. As I said, the description and then the reality are the problem.
I think I did not offer you the car you where asking me and at the same time you told me also that you don’t have the money at the moment to buy the car because you have to sell your rusted out 67 wagon first right ?
I sold you the Imperial for 8g and I had to wait only a few months until you came up with the funds I was okay with it no problem, I had no idea about the bondo in the lower quarter because I brought the car out an estate sale and the day I brought it my buddy Dobalovr was with me, and I gave you also all my 70 Imperial parts with the car the trunk was full with parts when you received the car right ? Why is the Chrom air cleaner on the car because there is a brand new Edelbrock Performer Intake on the engine and with the Mopar one you won’t have enough clearance.
I did the following things in my 1year of ownership to the Imperial
New Exhaust system
New steering box
New upper and lower ball joints
New Brakes
New Cooper Cobra rubber on nice road wheels
New shocks all 4
New carburetor
New Intake
New water pump
New fuel Pump
New cam shaft with lifters
New Edelbrock Performer Intake
all new hoses
Front and rear glass was taken out by a car glass place and got new installed because of slight water drips in rain.
And I did a lots more to the the car I would say you have a pretty good deal there on the car, is always esay to talk **** about people when they not around.
I still have a full binder with paperwork for the car I think I will those the binder in a garage bin because I don’t need the old paper work for the car.

Tobias:
you replaced the rear shocks on the Imperial and installed a complete new exhaustsystem but didn't see that the trunk extension is totally gone in the bottom, rusted out and full of bondo?

Even if you wouldn't have done the work I have a hard time believing you not checking out the Imperial no matter if at the point of purchase or later on when it was in your posession?

Did you ever communicate with Thomas regarding rust on the vehicle before the purchase?
Did he ever ask if there is rust and bondo?

You have kept the Broadcastsheet for the car and not sent it with the car where it belongs?

View attachment 217292 View attachment 217293 View attachment 217294 View attachment 217295

I had no idea about the bondo in the lower quarter because I brought the car out an estate sale and the day I brought it my buddy Dobalovr was with me, and I gave you also all my 70 Imperial parts with the car the trunk was full with parts when you received the car right ? Why is the Chrom air cleaner on the car because there is a brand new Edelbrock Performer Intake on the engine and with the Mopar one you won’t have enough clearance.
I did the following things in my 1year of ownership to the Imperial
New Exhaust system
New steering box
New upper and lower ball joints
New Brakes
New Cooper Cobra rubber on nice road wheels
New shocks all 4
all new hoses
Front and rear glass was taken out by a car glass place and got new installed because of slight water drips in rain.
And I did a lots more to the the car I would say you have a pretty good deal there on the car, is always esay to talk **** about people when they not around.
I still have a full binder with paperwork for the car I think I will those the binder in a garage bin because I don’t need the old paper work for the car.

same with my Red 70 Plymouth Suburban wagon I had I sold the wagon for €4500 to Germany bud was asking me how the car is and I told him is a good wagon for the money,

Did the buyer not ask in what condition it is regarding bondo and rust?

At the german BBTR Fuselage meeting it was interesting to meet the buyer of the wagon and Frank who also owned part of the wagon (together with you) but didn't knew you sold it about a year ago.

First I have to say , I never sold Julian any parts for his car, I told him if I have time I can look in to it and I will give him a price and then I told him the price included shipping to Germany he got upset with me !
I also told him that Murray Park would be an option and he can go and ask them maybe they can do better.
He got some parts shipped from I think C Body Bob to my place in CANADA where I was nice and payed the Costums fees on it what he still is owns me, I was nice and loaded his parts in to the Green Pickel ( 71 Fury)
What I sold as an project car to Germany for €6500 the one from Idaho as a Project Car I lost a fair amount of money on this car, I’m getting tired of all this BS from those German guys over there, they want everything for free pretty much, I want sell anything to Germany any more it doesn’t worth my time!!!
Next thing is also I sold the Imperial to Germany for €8000 I was in to this car around $15000cad it was a great car for me and it drove sweet but not good enough for German standards same with my Red 70 Plymouth Suburban wagon I had I sold the wagon for €4500 to Germany bud was asking me how the car is and I told him is a good wagon for the money, now I received an email from him he wants €4000 back from me the list goes on and on , another one is also I sold 69 300 front and rear bumpers in good driver quality to Germany for €400 both together including shipping and after the GERMAN person received those bumpers she decided they not good for them I gave them the money back the full amount and as my buddy overseas picked those Bumpers up I discovered that my backup lights went missing and the license plate holder also.
I never ever trust a GERMAN again that my point of view Guys.
Thanks for scamming me Julian I’m sure I never will see the money you owe me.
Lesson learned
Yes Carsten, just that fact made the above rant a lot less racist.:lol:

Looks ok to me for a survivor vehicle around 50 years old. I'm sure had you paid more, Tobias or any seller could have corrected these minor looking issues.

I recall a Los Angeles seller telling me the vehicle was "nearly ready" but when it arrived in Wisconsin my friend Perry told me the only useable things were the name badges, seller even kept the windshield and when Perry called him, "I'm going to sell it separately" so you're luckier than me.

Seems to me that before you and Julian shoot your mouths off slamming Tobias, ask yourself - if the situation was reversed would you have done better???

On the face of it, $1000 for "simply" removing the vehicle floor is excessive, but if the job required two guys driving a 6 hour round trip, spending 3 hours with sawzalls removing the floor and other panels as no power was available for what you'd usually use in such a situation, then arranging overseas shipping, it seems positively cheap, also considering how close your countries are, compared to those of us down here in NZ or Australia, whatever you paid is a bargain.

Also consider this - parts availability for our cars of the 50s, 60s, 70s etc is minimal so, we all need friends who are willing to assist us.

I met my friend Perry through the Lincoln Forum as he was/is a well respected guy sourcing parts as a sideline to his day job. He's done more for me than could be imagined like driving my imperial from Utah to Wisconsin, storing it in his storage, arranging repairs, registration and insurance, driving 3 hours several times to check out and ultimately purchase a Cadillac for me, etc etc - and we're great friends.

I'm sure that similar friendships will be forged during my Calgary visit this November.

In short, you and Julian may feel ripped off and disappointed by Tobias, but you're the greater losers by slamming him as you have, I wish you luck when next you require cars or parts.

About your question if the situation would be different if it was the other way around.... It would. I would not complain about his behavior if it wouldn't bother me or if I did it the same way....

It's not a two man job cutting these panels out and this never came up anyways?!
But even if it's a 6 hour roundtrip (and I boubt that because it never came up before I was complaining about the hours he claims it would need) it would be 9 hours of work. That's less then half of what he wanted to charge me.
And it was not a fix price, it was based on hourly work and a fixed hourly wage.

Enough of this nonsense now. Good news!

Thanks to @69monaco I was able to find a good floorpan in the netherlands and bought it. I will get it cut out in the next few days! :)

Now I just need a durchman panel and maybe a floorpan. Anyone any ideas?

I probably should just keep my mouth shut, but...

Julian, I think it's a bit of a shame this dispute has taken over these pages of your build thread. I do enjoy seeing what you're up too and love the work you've done. I hope you solve your sheet metal problem soon and can resume where you left off.

As to the rest of it, seems like a compelling argument for hiring an independent inspection company. I hope all the parties can find peace with what they have received... I don't want to pick sides, and reputations are already damaged.

One thought to Tobias, I don't mean to speak against you, but the reaction to destroy documentation was detrimental to your case... at least in my eyes. I accept that it was an emotional reaction and not something you've followed through with. Please reconsider what you'll do with anything that belongs with the car.

Enough of this nonsense now. Good news!

Thanks to @69monaco I was able to find a good floorpan in the netherlands and bought it. I will get it cut out in the next few days! :)

Now I just need a durchman panel and maybe a floorpan. Anyone any ideas?
Great news :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wow, Julian, I’m really sorry I resurrected this thread. :wideyed:

I pretty sure that any ‘69 - ‘73 fuselage floor and/or trunk will work. I pulled a trunk pan out of a ‘73 New Yorker and it is an exact match to my ‘70 300 Coupe. Good luck!

No problem James, it had to be clarified but now let's move on! :)

There are slight differences here and there but nothing that matters. I already have parts from a 73 chrylser and the floorpan I bought yesterday is from a 72 fury. ;)

Back