1969 Imperial progress thread

This car will end up being the benchmark by which all other Cbodies should be compared when it comes to full restorations.

This will be assembled wearing white gloves.
Better just get the full body suit too. :)

Screenshot_20200831-124934_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for all the kind words :)

I can't wait to start assembling the car, but it will still take a while until I can do that. The body, doors, trunk lid, hood and fenders are bare metal now and back in the hands of my body man. Pictures and updates on that are coming soon.

All the zink plated parts that need paint are at the painter as well now. I hope to get most of the parts back sometime next week. I can start reassembling individual parts them. Can't wait to do that :)

2020-08-30 19.24.11.jpg

2020-08-30 19.06.55.jpg

Thanks for all the kind words :)

I can't wait to start assembling the car, but it will still take a while until I can do that. The body, doors, trunk lid, hood and fenders are bare metal now and back in the hands of my body man. Pictures and updates on that are coming soon.

All the zink plated parts that need paint are at the painter as well now. I hope to get most of the parts back sometime next week. I can start reassembling individual parts them. Can't wait to do that :)

View attachment 399247
View attachment 399246
Once again, fabulous!

Can you explain what you have and are going to do with these cast iron parts? It appears that they have been nickel plated. Are you planning on having the silver portions of these components powder coated?
I am curious...

4AAE86EC-B50A-4205-8C20-F238592022A9.jpeg

Once again, fabulous!

Can you explain what you have and are going to do with these cast iron parts? It appears that they have been nickel plated. Are you planning on having the silver portions of these components powder coated?
I am curious...

View attachment 399252
They are zinc plated and all the not taped parts will receive the same durable chassis paint as the frame.

I thought about powder coating things but I don't like the layer thickness of the powder coating. Especially small details like part numbers will not be visible anymore with the powder.

Stellar!
That’s my attempt at coming up with words I haven’t used yet to describe what I’m seeing on these pages...:lol:

They are zinc plated and all the not taped parts will receive the same durable chassis paint as the frame.

I thought about powder coating things but I don't like the layer thickness of the powder coating. Especially small details like part numbers will not be visible anymore with the powder.
Just WOW...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I love watching you're insanity and passion from over here. If I ever found a way to be over there, I would HAVE to schedule a visit just so I could pay my respects at your "Imperial shrine".

Just WOW...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I love watching you're insanity and passion from over here. If I ever found a way to be over there, I would HAVE to schedule a visit just so I could pay my respects at your "Imperial shrine".
All you guys are always welcome if you ever make your way over here! :)

Very impressive work. I will have to visit you some time.

In the past years Julian made a Fuselage x-mas party.
Maybe it happens this year, too and we get invited

Carsten

I'm planing to do it again this year for sure! But because of this Corona Snafu I have to see what happens in the cold season... :(

But, IF it happens, both of you are invited for sure!

Back