1969 Imperial progress thread

barney_stinson_respect_meme1.jpg

:thumbsup:...........................
How much pieces will have an imperial more than a .............A12 Bee.....:wideyed:

I gotta feeling that you´ll never put it back together.. just to admire every single washer :rofl:

Uhhhh..... that is simply incredible! You will have a valuable reference on your hands if you take the time to put all of those pictures in a reference format for others.
I am in awe of the detail you have achieved on your restoration.
Just awesomely incredible!

Holy $@!&, that's amazing.
The orange coolant that FCA/Stalanitossiislalsiis(whatever) uses in its new cars is iron and aluminum friendly, the copper brass adds a extra factor.

When will you start the reassembly Julian?
The Body and parts are still at the immersion rust/paint removal facility. They have an ~8 week queue. After that, the body goes back to my body man to do the rest of the body work.
After that it goes back to the same facility to get its CDC (Cathodic dip coating) with the same ~8 week queue.

When that's done I will get it back home and when I found a good painter it will get painted.

When it's painted it will sit a few weeks to let the paint fully harden and then I will start reassembly :D I can't wait for it!

The Body and parts are still at the immersion rust/paint removal facility. They have an ~8 week queue. After that, the body goes back to my body man to do the rest of the body work.
After that it goes back to the same facility to get its CDC (Cathodic dip coating) with the same ~8 week queue.

When that's done I will get it back home and when I found a good painter it will get painted.

When it's painted it will sit a few weeks to let the paint fully harden and then I will start reassembly :D I can't wait for it!
Sounds good, likely completion 2021-2022.

We can't wait either, our congratulations on your amazing achievements so far. You'll be the world expert on fuselage imperial restoration - maybe you could go into business, though I imagine the restoration cost would be considerable.

Sounds good, likely completion 2021-2022.

We can't wait either, our congratulations on your amazing achievements so far. You'll be the world expert on fuselage imperial restoration - maybe you could go into business, though I imagine the restoration cost would be considerable.

Completion in 2022 seems a bit optimistic. There is soooo mach to do. And everyone knows, especially the last 10% will take most of the time. But I'm not in a hurry. I consider this a "10 year project", so I still have 4 years left to achieve this ;)

What I do to to my car is a labor of love. No one could/would pay for the hours over hours I work to prepare, repair and finish all the parts. So I expect it to remain a hobby. ;)

Ok, here are all the parts back from CDC (E-Coating) I dropped off 10 weeks ago. All the parts have been emersion rust and paint stripped and then coated in the CDC bath.

From there, I brought them directly to a painter to get them painted. The chassis and suspention parts will receive a very robust chassis paint and the dash parts will get a layer of structured paint similar to the original paint.

2020-08-29 11.54.16.jpg
2020-08-29 11.54.22.jpg
2020-08-29 11.54.50.jpg
2020-08-29 11.55.39.jpg
2020-08-29 11.55.44.jpg
2020-08-29 11.55.48.jpg
2020-08-29 11.55.55.jpg
2020-08-29 11.55.59.jpg
2020-08-29 11.56.08.jpg
2020-08-29 11.56.12.jpg

Back