For Sale 1969 Sport Fury For Sale - Nice Original

Status
Not open for further replies.

saforwardlook

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
I don't think this has been posted on this board before, but I thought just in case it hasn't, it is a really nice starting point for those very much interested in these cars. It is in just the condition that I like to get my restoration projects. But this one could also be a good driver with a little work it seems:

1969 Plymouth Fury sport fury | eBay

Hello, up for sale is a rare 1969 Plymouth Sport Fury convertible, 383 big block 2brl auto, I know the term garage find or barn find is over used but this car truly is a garage find ! The car was parked in 1985 when the owner past away and left the car to his wife, she didn't like the car because it was big and a convertible so in the garage it went and sat there ever since until I rescued him. I did all the usual things to the engine before I ever tried to start it like pre lube cylinders, etc . . . I replaced the fuel tank, fuel sender, fuel pump, fluids and the darn guy started right up. This dang car is sweet ! I also replaced the tires and the car rides and drives like a dream ! I,ve put about 500 miles on the car since I got it. It does still need the brakes gone thru though, they work but need attention as you might think they would after setting so long. The top works fine, goes down fine but goes up real slow. The front seats are cracked under the seat covers that are on it but the rest of the interior is good along with the original top. This car has no rust !There was some surface rust and a couple of pin holes in the trunk area that I treated and sealed. Everything is original on this car and is a great time capsule survivor.I am a GM guy at heart so what trades do you have ? Thanks Gene

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I like the dubble white striping that ends at the red white blue badges......
You don,t see that a lot...

His BIN is, shall we say, unrealistic???

Maybe, but he is a dealer it appears, so what else would you expect? Aim high and settle for as much as possible is usually how they operate and hope you have an eager buyer that has to have it along the way. But at least his listing seems pretty fair and he hasn't tried to cover things up it or alter the patina along the way it appears (yes the front seat bottoms are covered, but he states that they are torn).

I Got to procure a set of those Dog Dishes. They are my favorite.

I like the car but it's a bit pricey. It needs a new interior and paint. That being said It would be a nice car when finished

I like it. Interesting that it's got vent windows and A/C. I thought all 69 A/C cars did not have vent windows.

Nice to see any 69 Fury in any kind of presentable shape. If in fact it is rust free that is a big ,big plus. This will cost you more up front. But in the end it's condition will save you alot of money in the long run I would think.

I think its nice. The green paint isnt a dealbreaker since its looking like the black interior is really nice other than the bucket upholstery which is easily fixed. Dash looks like there arent any cracks in it either.

Dash looks like there arent any cracks in it either.

You may be correct ,,I did not notice. Bring it to a few Mopar gatherings and leave it in the sun after being in a garage for many years I bet it will start to split down the middle somewhere. Mine had a small crack when I bought it and it has spread a good deal this last year.

Colour could be changed since it needs new paint anyhow. No power windows means no faulty motors, buckets and console and air plus the big block, really nice. Reserve could be considerably lower than BIN price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back