67-Fury

Reaction score
Contact seller
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5049297890.html

00O0O_j2vNl5UZ6zx_600x450.jpg

00O0O_j2vNl5UZ6zx_600x450.jpg

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5049297890.html

View attachment 53994
First off for all those who came and saw the car and couldn't commit due to there being no title. I now hold a clean title in my name to the car. Please take a moment and read everything as most of your questions should answered here.

Now if you know anything about c-bodies or the hurst edition specifically there were around 500 produced and the number varies depending on who you talked to BUT out of those there were only around 50 bucket seat console hurst edition cars built.

This is a 1970 Chrysler 300 hurst edition. it had an accident back in the 80's and was pulled apart and who knows what happened to the rest of the car. I have from the firewall back minus the rear bumper, front seats and rear seat bottom. I do have the center console which is in great shape and the shifter is there as well. a/c, p/b, p/s, pw, rim blow, cruise control, vacuum trunk release, and posi rear.

Now the body is in remarkable shape for a northeast c-body and that's probably due to it being indoors for the last 30 years. the trunk floor is all original and only has one small spot with a few pinholes and I mean small like 6" by 6" the floors in the car are damn near perfect as well as the quarters. the doors are good and not rotted, the pass door has a dent but all doors open and close like butter. there is rust around the back window which is the worst spot on the car and it is very fixable. the back glass is out so you can see all of the issues. the trunk lid is in good shape and isn't shattered or busted at the hinges like most and it does have the side pieces which most don't.

here is the best part. I have the original build sheet with the J99 number on it which confirms without a shout of a doubt that this is 100% an original hurst car. I will not be parting this out the car is missing a lot but besides he hood which they are out there everything else is off a regular 1970 300. and as for a motor the f440 are out there I have seen them usually around 800, but in this case you have a blank canvas. maybe make the first HEMI Hurst edition which is what I would do. make something really special. If you know c-bodies and how rusty they get you will absolutely will not be disappointed with the condition of this car.

asking 3500

and there is no chance of it being a number's matching car ever again....

At least an attempt is being made to save it...

Parts is parts, but I guess if you find a nice donor, you could have a whole 1970 300 coupe.

Or, just go out and find a whole 1970 300 coupe.

Regarding the parts, does this trunk floor look like it's been replaced already?

00K0K_2ZI2uFI5aWq_600x450.jpg

It doesn't seem to match the topside of the trunk.

00i0i_dZCD3KEjuPK_600x450.jpg

I think the trunk floor looks like that because the gas tank is missing.

Console shift is a rare find. You could have 50 or 60 into this before its done.

Someone should buy it get a nice 4 Door donor for parts it looks solid and get it running drive it as a work in progress 300 Hurst.

Here is the conundrum, the people with the money to restore this typically want a numbers matching car.
This is a very expensive trunk lid or parts car body for some other project.

Alan

It would look cool to have a stock frt end on the back of a Hurst body.. but again the expense you would have to go to to get it there..

There are cars of interest I've observed over several month's time. They either disappear (nobody bids and the seller loses interest in selling), the price comes down again and again (reality check kicking in), or they reappear again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again (hope I'm not banned for this prank).

Hello everybody,

I am the owner of this car. I have been around cars for many years and just because its not complete doesn't mean its worthless. the car is in good shape for a nj car and you all know it. How many c bodies are out there with no trunk or rotted cowls and floors. This is a real hurst car and who cares about the motor there are enough original ones out there according to all of you so this one should be made special. a modern drivetrain and maybe a modern aluminum version of the hurst wheels. IDK its a blank canvas. as far as the front clip go grab a 300 use what you need and part the rest out. I am not a 100% mopar guy but I can appreciate something this rust free in our area no matter what its missing half the money in a car like this is the rust work. Everyone who came to see it was amazed at the condition but needed a parts car to save there rusty c-body and agreed this was too nice for the chop saw. I keep relisting the car because I have a hand full of guys offering money to were they just want to shop it for parts to sell on ebay and I am no the guy to let that happen so it will wait for the right home. Maybe someone wanting to build a custom hurst or maybe someone with a hurst rotted beyond repair. At least I am not that guy from what was it Minnesota trying to sell other peoples hursts around the country as his. he even tried to sell mine. I am real and so is the car. If anyone is interested let me know but without any of you even contacting me about the car its not fair to just put post after post on the board bashing it.

Andrew

If I had spare cash and was more serious about building a black 300 Hurst this would be a good foundation. I'm not particularly bothered it isnt going to be numbers matching anymore. We all know it was a 440 car and if you put a 440 back in it, guess what? It's a 440 car again just like it was originally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back