For Sale 1970 Chrysler New Yorker Convertible $2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rofl:
If I drag another home I'll be living it it....

bought another car.jpg

We all know there's no such animal as a '70 New Yorker ragtop. So, either he made a mistake or he does not know what he has. He does not indicate that it's a Newport anywhere.

Last edited:
We all know there's no suck animal as a '70 New Yorker ragtop. So, either he made a mistake or he does not know what he has. He does not indicate that it's a Newport anywhere.
Yes, but we can figure it's probably a Newport due to the 383 and the front bumper and grille.

There is a chance that someone switched the bumper and grille along the engine on a 300, but it's doubtful.

But for $2k, what do you want? Offer him $1200 and tow it home for $1500.

Yes, but we can figure it's probably a Newport due to the 383 and the front bumper and grille.
Yes, but that's not my point. Does the seller "think" it's a New Yorker? Did he buy it with that thought? Does he know or not what the car really is? I knew a guy who was selling a "'56 300 B." It wasn't, but when I tried to explain it to him the man came to tears. He thought I was calling him a liar.

Is the seller an idiot, or is he the subject of fraud? There is no indication in the ad that it's something other than a New Yorker.

Yes, but that's not my point. Does the seller "think" it's a New Yorker? Did he buy it with that thought? Does he know or not what the car really is? I knew a guy who was selling a "'56 300 B." It wasn't, but when I tried to explain it to him the man came to tears. He thought I was calling him a liar.

Is the seller an idiot, or is he the subject of fraud? There is no indication in the ad that it's something other than a New Yorker.
He is probably not an idiot. He probably just doesn't know what he has. It has New Yorker trim on it, so he thinks it's a New Yorker. He probably dragged it out of a garage and looking to make a few bucks.

My point is that it's not a big deal.

I would swap a New Yorker grille into it. Along with door panels and seats from a 2 door New Yorker.

Were NY convertibles offered in Canada (but not in the US), much like Monacos were? Part of me thinks yes, but I never recall one being mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back