1970 Chrysler Newport Convertible

dart66gt

Reaction score
Looking at buying this car, What do you think its worth it ran and drove when it was parked XX years ago Interior is roasted, no rust in the car,

CE27:
Chrysler
Economy
Convertible
L0C: 383 290HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
Jefferson Avenue, MI, USA
237481: Sequence number
E61: 383 cid 2 barrel V8 290hp
D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
EB7: Medium Blue Metallic Exterior Color
E6X9: Trim - Unknown, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Black
TX9: Black Int. Door Frames
515: Build Date: May 15
277032: Order number
V3X: Black Convertible Top
R13: Deluxe AM Radio (5 1/2 Watts)
P31: Power Windows
L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
C21: Center Front Seat Cushion
B41: Front Disc Brakes w/Standard 10in RR Drum
G15: Tinted Windshield

IMG_20140902_121248_887[1].jpgIMG_20140902_121332_292[1].jpg

IMG_20140902_121248_887[1].jpg

IMG_20140902_121332_292[1].jpg

I looked at one about a year ago interior was ok top was ripped in lot of spots and it had some rust it was $400, if that helps you at all.

IMHO, that's a parts car.

The interior is going to be a little tough to find, especially the rear seat and rear door panels. The top frame looks to be shot and I would expect it to be if there was a fire in the car. Since the top is gone, it would surprise me if the floor is shot if the car has been sitting around long. Windshield is broken and the trim looks beat up. Looks like rust holes in front fender and behind the door. That may just be the picture as you say there is no rust.

If you are looking to restore that car, I would pass on it and find something better to start with. You will be money ahead.

That's been a parts car for years.
All the toothpaste has been squeezed out of that tube.

Posted via Topify on Android

Thanks everyone for posting it is not at Moore's its at Jims, it is rust free that's a weed in front of the front fender, there was no fire, just the good ol SD sun.

So I priced out the interior and top to tune of $3000 what are these worth restored, I what have seen there was only 1183 made???

restored it not worth more than 10k and that's if its perfect

Thanks everybody for your response, I know that they are not investment, I just didnt want to over pay for the project, he wants 3000, I was thinking $2000,

That looks like my car's little brother, my body is good, interior better than most runs and drives. I have around 4k in it with new tires, fluids, brakes checked etc. I still have to paint and have a new top and seat covers put on.009.jpg

009.jpg

I agree.
turned into a nice driver it should be worth around 15k

Carsten

Thanks everybody for your response, I know that they are not investment, I just didnt want to over pay for the project, he wants 3000, I was thinking $2000,

Am I the only one who thinks this is insane? This is a $500-$1000 car, like has been said this looks to be a parts car at best.

Alan

No, it's worthless. Just stop scrounging the bottom of the barrel for any reason to buy it. There simply isn't!

Posted via Topify on Android

If you really like a 70 Newport convertible, and given that it has some interesting options such as power windows, disc brakes, bucket seats, etc. and you like the pretty nice colors (at least to me), then it is a nice project car. But given its current condition and probably unknowns about the condition of the engine (locked up or ???), transport issues with a non-running car and need for at least roller tires, I can't see paying anything more than $500 - $1000 at most myself - like Alan and leaning towards Stan's sentiments. It seems to me a 300 convertible in that condition would be about the same money and worth more when done, and a little more pleasing to most who like these cars. $2000 - $3000 just doesn't make sense to me for a Newport convertible that has been out in the weather as long as this one appears to have endured. But if you already have a couple project cars and are just dreaming about doing this one too, then Stan definitely has it right.

$500.00 TOPS. ....and that's only only your completely in love with it and gotta have it. Otherwise I'd walk. Better examples to.be had.

By all means, save it! Love the color combo! Just don't give more than a grand for it.

Back