1970 Chrysler Newport Cordoba

NADA Guides listing, "Newport Cordoba 4dr ht" in my TX zip code:
High retail 5800 Average retail 3450 Low retail 1875 Factory a/c adds 10%

All for a "running, driving car".

It's been a while since I've checked the value of my fleet, but it now appears their value has increased, at least on the NADA Guides website. But the '95 New Yorker is still low.

Key thing is that just because a guide quotes a price, that doesn't mean the vehicle is worth that amount of money. The KBB was originally used by banks and such for "loan value" determination, for example. Until the money actually changes hands, you can claim the car is worth $Billions, but what money is actually physically exchanged is the value of the vehicle at the particular time of the transaction. BTAIM

Enjoy!
CBODY67

I have seen cars like this sell at the very top of it's price range in great shape go to Europe very quickly as it is cheap compared to a Camaro,Mustang,Chevelle ,etc including shipping costs.
I chased a 69 VIP Fury that went the first day for an asking price of 10,000+ cash and off to a boat to Germany. I was going to fly down to have a first look. Compared to an old Nova it is cheap.
The reason I mention this is alot of really fine cars leave the country because Americans won't pay the price unless it is a main stream classic car.
I frankly paid abit too much for my 69 FuryIII but I don't give a **** cause I would be hard pressed to find another one easily and compared to the rest of the American classic car market the price I paid was peanuts. I wanted a 69 Fury III and that was that!! The car I bought for my daughter for graduating college cost a bit more and it was used.

I have seen cars like this sell at the very top of it's price range in great shape go to Europe very quickly as it is cheap compared to a Camaro,Mustang,Chevelle ,etc including shipping costs.
I chased a 69 VIP Fury that went the first day for an asking price of 10,000+ cash and off to a boat to Germany. I was going to fly down to have a first look. Compared to an old Nova it is cheap.
The reason I mention this is alot of really fine cars leave the country because Americans won't pay the price unless it is a main stream classic car.

Please don't get it wrong. Big Full Size cars are simply popular in europe. Not only Mopars. It has nothing to do with people not being able to afford other models.
We have an unbeliveable amount of Mustangs here. You guys just don't notice it here on the c-body board. What we have less in europe are compact cars (ie Novas, Valiants or Falcons are seldom) or Hot Rods and customs of most sort.

If you visit a US car show overhere you will see lots of Full size, a big amount of mid-size cars, Mustangs and old Pick ups.

US Main stream classics aren't unpopular but the people LOVE Full size cars. That is the big difference compared to the USA where despite some enthusiasts like on this board for a long time people just chased the popular models.

Look at this thread. Many users are critcal about the value of the Cordoba while all germans (Tobias, Piot and I) said immidiatly it is worth it and are considering buying it.

I made an offer on the board (serious) and the others contact the owner directly

Carsten

Last edited:
IMG_5421.JPG

Yes I had heard big American cars are very popular over there. I hear that 4 door cars are just as popular over there too. Is that correct? Thanks for clarifying.

Yes I had heard big American cars are very popular over there. I hear that 4 door cars are just as popular over there too. Is that correct? Thanks for clarifying.

2dr HTs are clearly preferred in general.
But 4 doors are liked, too.
So prices for 4-door cars are +/-half of the 2dr price.

There are exceptions of course..
Low level plain jane 4dr sedans with BIG enignes (440, 427) are welcome as "sleepers"

And Carsten, if I may add, 4dr HTs are favoured over 4dr sedans over here in Europe.

talking Fuselage:
It depends on the model.

Imperial&Chrysler are preferred as 4drHTs vs 4drsedans
If it comes down to Plymouths&Dodges: The 4dr sedans are often preferred above the 4dr HT for their plain and "cop car"-look

These cars are in dear need of at least some price adjustments IMHO as this would make at least the easily restorable cars less prone to parting, derbying and drivetrain robbery and it might inspire some more reproductions. All depends as well on the continuing interest of the younger generations though.

I got the Newport runing it was a blast to bring the car back to life , Radiator rebuild, new water pump, new belts, ac works perfect, all fluids changed, Carburetor rebuild, new tires, all new fuel system and a lots more professionally detailed and a lots more the Newport runs and drives like new.
C3ACA248-5337-413A-A515-19586A23A05A.jpeg
6E5D58AD-C5EB-4B38-9018-C1678BEB0FEA.jpeg
972423E2-3E5E-437F-A97F-971EC990E3F2.jpeg
273C340E-48D2-4467-ABD6-DF7CB7E1CEDE.jpeg
658A98F8-DCBA-47CD-8C5C-A5D20A8A06B8.jpeg
AC57406E-5D8A-4278-999A-FE9DFBEBB850.jpeg

I wish i never stripped mine for parts but it was almost 20 years ago and it was rotten. Nice car by the way

Back