1970 Chrysler Newport Question

9,200 CAD, add shipping and customs, I believe you're going to be less then 9,200 USD

1692034982406.png

should read: This is the frame repair?!
1692050080389.png
shame. it's steel. cut out the rotten parts and weld in new steel. if done correctly it can be better than original and look like it belongs there. if that had been the case here and the buyer correctly informed, this might have been a sale.

should read: This is the frame repair?! View attachment 611021shame. it's steel. cut out the rotten parts and weld in new steel. if done correctly it can be better than original and look like it belongs there. if that had been the case here and the buyer correctly informed, this might have been a sale.
Should there not be another section of steel on the other side of the vertical bolt at the top to complete the bracing of the rail, flared towards the front and welded to the new section of steel.Looks incomplete! Looks like two different types of repairs done on either side, you see the dangle on the other side from this view.
Would these repairs pass a safety? Looks like a stub swap is possibly in order, pros please chim in!

Looks like two different types of repairs done on either side, you see the dangle on the other side from this view.
Would these repairs pass a safety?

Yep, two different artistically licenced "repairs", the dangler is seen towards the background.
I can't imagine any competent mechanic signing their name on that safety.
Screenshot_20230814-213910~2.png

Yep, two different artistically licenced "repairs", the dangler is seen towards the background.
I can't imagine any competent mechanic signing their name on that safety.
View attachment 611113
Too bad for the seller that this is the case, the car looks good otherwise, I know the fella I recently used for my safety would not have passed this neither.

There was another member that had a 71 NY for sale last spring .
He isn't far away from me , so I went and looked at it .
Car was rough , but had a nice subframe .
If I had the extra cash , I would probably go for this car and swap the subframe out .
Just my thoughts , have a good day .Hap

If u look closely in the other thread with pics of the engine bay, there is plenty of rust spots on the firewall. This stub frame deal must be just a tip of the iceberg.

I'm sure there's much more rust lurking around in hard to reach places!

If the stub looks like this, think of what the sheet metal looks like where the stub attaches. There's a lot of hidden cavities that can hold lots of accumulated dirt, gravel, salt, and all those trap moisture so the critical floor structure areas are probably compromised....

Thank you to everyone who chimed in, I ended up going with another car that I am very pleased with.

IMG_20230913_160825968_HDR~3.jpg

FB_IMG_1693106053935.jpg

Back