For Sale 1970 fury vert tx9 white top buckets console

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your comment is interesting to me. I also used to think the 70 300 was the best there is, period. But every day I see my 70 and 71 300s (and smile) but over time I have evolved into thinking the 71 300 is the best there is. I think it is for the same reason that I really like the 70 Sport Fury front end - it is the cleaner simplicity of the design in both cases. But the 70 300 front end is still a 9.9 out of 10 to me!
i find it interesting too because since I got into C bodies, I always thought the 69 was the best grille and real panel/taillights. oh well, like you say, talented designers for all years.
View attachment 128087

View attachment 128088

View attachment 128089

All I can say with certainty is that there was some real talent in the design studios at Chrysler in the 1969-71 period.

sorry, i managed to screw up my last post

i find it interesting too because since I got into C bodies, I always thought the 69 was the best grille and real panel/taillights. oh well, like you say, talented designers for all years.

For me, the 69 300 grille was just as nice as the 70 overall, so it is still 9.9 to me. The rear though, on the 69 appeared shorter than the 70 & 71s and didn't really incorporate the loop bumper to match the front like was done in 1970-1. So to me it looked a little less flowing at the rear. The 69s were still great cars to me.

It is a curious question 69 / 70 / 71 /? Which one is best ....? Im still not sure, EXCEPT that the 71's drive and handle much nicer than the earlier years ( in factory form)

For me, the 69 300 grille was just as nice as the 70 overall, so it is still 9.9 to me. The rear though, on the 69 appeared shorter than the 70 & 71s and didn't really incorporate the loop bumper to match the front like was done in 1970-1. So to me it looked a little less flowing at the rear. The 69s were still great cars to me.

You Steve are going across the board Chrysler / Dodge / Plymouth as a group or just the Chryslers?

It is a curious question 69 / 70 / 71 /? Which one is best ....? Im still not sure, EXCEPT that the 71's drive and handle much nicer than the earlier years ( in factory form)
well, i will add that just looking at the grille head on, it's just a cleaner look, also, i LOVE the quarter panel spell out letters

You Steve are going across the board Chrysler / Dodge / Plymouth as a group or just the Chryslers?

I was referring just to the 300s Dave, but I feel the sentiment about the rear ends applied to the Chrysler and Plymouth more than the Dodges, which looked good to me across all three years. In fact, I have a hard time deciding which year Dodge was the best between 1969 - 1971 (which is why I have all three years of Monacos). I only have one Plymouth in those years, my 1970 Sport Fury GT. And regarding the 1970 vs. 1971 Plymouth Sport Fury grille, I think the comments I had regarding the 300s applies there as well. I prefer the 70 Sport Fury grille a little over the 71 because of the cleanness of the design, but both are just great! And I love all the 1969 - 1971 fuselage cars and even the 72 Plymouth Gran Furies and the 72-73 Dodge Monacos.

But I am a clear hoarder of the 1969-71 300s. Way too many of them. :) :realcrazy:

It's this simple.

Best years/model 1st gen:

Imperial '69

Chrysler '69 300, '70 Newport, '71 NYer

Plymouth '70 SF, '71 std. Fury

Dodge '69 Polara 500, '70 Monaco. '71 changes were insignificant, both actually backsliding a bit, = no winner.

2nd gen

Imperial '73

Chrysler '72 Newport, '73 NY'er

Plymouth '72 Fury w/hidden lamps

Dodge '72 Polara, '73 Monaco

Think of this more as a "most improved year-over-year, or "who wore it better"

Carmine, please go to the eye doctor and get back to us after you got the new specs....:thankyou:

Carmine, please go to the eye doctor and get back to us after you got the new specs....:thankyou:

You did ask me to rank them in another thread, and I'm sorry, but the huge plastic lense/tailpanel in '71 Dodge is a letdown after the awesome double-delta bumpers of '70.

That is EXACTLY why the 70 ranks below the 71.
You-Are-Smoking_Crack.jpg

I have an idea. We should all pitch in 100 bucks. 450 of us equals 45 grand. Shouldn't be problem. It could be the c body forum mascot fury. We can put all of our names on the title, that way none of us lose out. Don't ask me how we all can enjoy it. Haven't gotten that far in my plan yet

I have an idea. We should all pitch in 100 bucks. 450 of us equals 45 grand. Shouldn't be problem. It could be the c body forum mascot fury. We can put all of our names on the title, that way none of us lose out. Don't ask me how we all can enjoy it. Haven't gotten that far in my plan yet
Better rethink that. I don't think we have anywhere near 450 regulars.

cool idea....but
get them to pay a 100 for a Ride,
like say each guy gets a free days ride with the caretaker of the car,
have a group of caretakers and that would get everyone involved.
great way for the forum guys to get to meet up as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back