For Sale 1970 fury vert tx9 white top buckets console

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn it Guys PLEASE !!!! stay out of my dreams !!!!! :rofl:

Chick.jpg

I saw this Fury originally on eBay a few years back and I lost track of it until Greg got in touch as the new owner. I have a bunch of "before" pictures on my web site that I copied from the eBay listings. Greg has done an amazing job on this car, the black is absolutely gorgeous. Makes mine look shabby! :( Oh well, I still like red and I swore I'd never own a black car after the experiences I had trying to keep black 1959 Oldsmobile 98 hardtop clean. I swear, start washing on one end and by the time you got to the other end, the start point was dirty again!
I have a pretty good idea how much it costs to restore that car to that level so anyone who buys it for $45K will get a steal of a deal. For those who have proposed $20K to $30K prices will never own a car like this, you are just too "frugal" :wideyed:

I'm not sure I wanna own a car like this. As family pointed out I have trouble obsessing over my survivors.
I can drive Missouri and not care how and still be proud. As I said to my wife last weekend as we cruised through the finger lakes region of NY , " we may be the only people in the world cruising a 70 polara convertible at this very moment" .

I'm out too...

I'm not saying it's not worth 45K because I think it's worth all that if not more.

Of course it is. At the rate the bidding went and reading the ad I will be disappointed if it sells for 45.
This will set a new high for fusey Cs

I wonder if he'd take a Challenger convertible in trade?

I've read this entire thread twice, post by post.
I've scrutinized the ebay listing twice, paragraph by paragraph.
I noted the excruciating details the car was subjected to in the restoration, part after part.
I've rethought what this car is, special feature by feature.
Probably the most neurotic, anal, persuit of perfection I have seen, I think, of any C-body of late right up there with a select choice of some Member's cars.
And I cant get this out of my head:
"However... [the AutoTemp system] still needs some work to make it fully functional."
Am I crazy to expect for $45,000.00 (this is a C-body at that), that the A.C. that the car was originally built with, should work?

Just a thought...
And this is not the A.C. vs. No-A.C. argument.
Substitute [insert any item here] for A.C.
What would you pay for this car if it was 100% perfect.

at 45g, the cost of fixing the a/c will be what percent of the sale price? people with this kind of dough really don't care about such things. only question is "do i want it?".

I've read this entire thread twice, post by post.
I've scrutinized the ebay listing twice, paragraph by paragraph.
I noted the excruciating details the car was subjected to in the restoration, part after part.
I've rethought what this car is, special feature by feature.
Probably the most neurotic, anal, persuit of perfection I have seen, I think, of any C-body of late right up there with a select choice of some Member's cars.
And I cant get this out of my head:
"However... [the AutoTemp system] still needs some work to make it fully functional."
Am I crazy to expect for $45,000.00 (this is a C-body at that), that the A.C. that the car was originally built with, should work?

Just a thought...
And this is not the A.C. vs. No-A.C. argument.
Substitute [insert any item here] for A.C.
What would you pay for this car if it was 100% perfect.

I think each individual has things that are important to them, for me I would be more concerned with sheetmetal and how well all the work on the car was done along with the quality of the parts used. The A/C system would be way down on my list if it was the car I wanted, with the colours I wanted, with the documentation and owner history I wanted...especially with something that is sort of unique. In the case of this car there really aren't too many comparables. The other thing to consider is that there really aren't too many 50 year old cars that are completely sorted out, even those coming out of high end resto shops. There is always a certain amount of tweaking and improvements to be made. I applaud this seller for being upfront.

I guess we will have to wait and see if its truly a $45k car or not but to answer your question a fully functioning AC system wouldn't be a deal breaker to me.

Dave

THE only issue with this stellar TX9 440 Fury 'vert is that ChryslerCorporation never produced a S23 SportFury Convertible (as Seller conveys in EBay Listing) a crying shame as the 'face' on this FUSE (as restored) is as cool / cooler? as the '70 300 (my favorite)

THE only issue with this stellar TX9 440 Fury 'vert is that ChryslerCorporation never produced a S23 SportFury Convertible (as Seller conveys in EBay Listing) a crying shame as the 'face' on this FUSE (as restored) is as cool / cooler? as the '70 300 (my favorite)

Your comment is interesting to me. I also used to think the 70 300 was the best there is, period. But every day I see my 70 and 71 300s (and smile) but over time I have evolved into thinking the 71 300 is the best there is. I think it is for the same reason that I really like the 70 Sport Fury front end - it is the cleaner simplicity of the design in both cases. But the 70 300 front end is still a 9.9 out of 10 to me!

1971-chrysler-300-design.jpg

TheRodPs.jpg

1969%2B300%2Bc.jpg

All I can say with certainty is that there was some real talent in the design studios at Chrysler in the 1969-71 period.

I think each individual has things that are important to them, for me I would be more concerned with sheetmetal and how well all the work on the car was done along with the quality of the parts used. The A/C system would be way down on my list if it was the car I wanted, with the colours I wanted, with the documentation and owner history I wanted...especially with something that is sort of unique. In the case of this car there really aren't too many comparables. The other thing to consider is that there really aren't too many 50 year old cars that are completely sorted out, even those coming out of high end resto shops. There is always a certain amount of tweaking and improvements to be made. I applaud this seller for being upfront.

I guess we will have to wait and see if its truly a $45k car or not but to answer your question a fully functioning AC system wouldn't be a deal breaker to me.

Dave

You and I Dave think very much alike when it comes to this sort of thing. Good verbiage!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back