1970 Monaco 37k mile orig. 440 -350hp highly optioned incl. Super Lite $10,500 near Phila, PA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that is it. I almost pulled the trigger at $6K with the previous owner but I could not get past the white. Seems it has moved up in price with this go around.

We talked about this car then. I think I sent you the one photo of this car that I had from when it was for sale eleven years ago, or more. The asking price then was $1000.00. I was too late to the ad as it was sold pretty quick.
A Mopar friend works for the city of Philadelphia. He remembered the car sitting on the streets of Philly for a long time. That was when there was little interest in c bodies and before he knew me.
This car was NOT garaged it whole life but it is cool just the same. I wish it could find a permanent home. Odd how it's fairly local to me and yet I've never seen it in person

Last edited:
Wow, I didn't realize I have such a well-known ride. Sitting outside would explain the carpet and seat condition, and at least it was on the street and not grass, like so many. I have the hardcopy ad from that time, which indicates "sitting for years," which while not the greatest thing for a car does support low mileage (as does being a "city" car). Ad also said an axle bearing was needed as opposed to an actual center section problem, and my PO said he had a SG 323 unit so he put that in. Who knows, maybe it has found a home, as it is growing on me. The other week while going past a school, I heard a kid say to his buddies "awe, look at that cool car!!" It definitely gets attention and is way more comfy/user-friendly than my "other" body Mope, which is 340-6 pak/4 spd combo. And Polara71, maybe we can hook up sometime, as I have a metal fab buddy in Vineland I visit...

Absolutely! This car has always been somewhat legend to me since it's close but never seen.

I watched the videos, the underside is nice, real nice!

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Absolutely! This car has always been somewhat legend to me since it's close but never seen.

I watched the videos, the underside is nice, real nice!
I agree. when I went to check this car I didn't think I'd buy it, but left it as an option if I was impressed enough, and when I saw the underside, well...thank goodness for factory undercoating and a pwr steering leak (largely now minimized).

Thats more reasonable. Save it till July and head west to Carlisle.
I just may,
I agree. Also you might want to consider redoing the seats. I think that's going to keep you from getting good money for it.
yeah, if the carpet and front seat were done, the rest is just nick nack stuff. for now, I need to edit the title for price, but the "edit" icon is gone...haven't done CACarlisle in a while, that'd be fun.

bad weather price drop; $7,900 obo. and if someone could shed light on how to edit the orig. post and title to reflect price change, that'd be much appreciated (the edit icon is gone). thanks!

Last edited:
Why hasn't anybody bought this?
not sure, although it can't be for lack of pics/video! but price drop should go a long way to help address obvious flaws - carpet and front seat. btw the seat foam still seems to be good. If anyone wants the car but isn't physically able to do the carpet, I'll do that labor if there's a purchase agreement in place and deposit, although carpet cost is on buyer, and buyer can choose carpet vendor.

I passed on it at 6K from the previous owner and it had sat for sale for a while at that point. I think it has the right options (440, superlite, etc) but THE biggest thing holding this car back IMHO is it is just too plain in white. If you sit and look at it nothing gets you excited when the hood is shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back