1970 Monaco 37k mile orig. 440 -350hp highly optioned incl. Super Lite $10,500 near Phila, PA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Xavi3r could buy this one, ship it to a container company, have it hauled over to France, pay the import duty/taxes, fix it up and flip it too..................
The valid point he is making is that folks in the U.S. don't value these cars nearly as much as folks in Europe, or at least they don't have the discretionary funds to buy these cars for a variety of reasons, so the folks in Europe see an opening to save these cars and get them into hands that will actually do something with them rather than just dream about doing something with them someday while they rot, and maybe making a little money after taking on a lot of risk. This car has been for sale on Craigslist for at least two months now, and no takers (and if someone in the U.S. doesn't have a 70 Monaco and wanted one, this one needs work obviously, but ought to be worth the asking price to someone here that really wants one). If these folks in Europe want to save a car from likely death here in the U.S., I have no problem with it, in fact I support it.

The 70 white Monaco at hand in this discussion I felt was worth the asking price whether it was being flipped or not, but there were no takers. That is the bottom line.

1970 Dodge Monaco

1970 Dodge Monaco - $925 (Fingal)
< >
00u0u_9i7oP4YaCbQ_600x450.jpg

1970 dodge monaco

condition: salvage
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
paint color: green
size: full-size
title status: missing
transmission: automatic
type: coupe
70 Dodge 2dr hardtop big block 383 2bbl, 727 automatic trans no title Dont know if it runs motor is NOT stuck just want out of my pasture.$925 or best offer Call or text Daryn

Last edited:
Hey Xavi3r, I just got my income tax return, what would it cost to get this car shipped to Florida?

Hi,

well at least I doubt that he will get 29k EUR for it (32k$).
As mentioned by Martin from NL it might bring 15-16k EUR realistically.
But it needs cosmetics and that turns some buyers off (just like in the US).

The american car scene in France is practically not existent and not comparabel to the scene in germany or scandinavia

Carsten

Maybe Xavi3r could buy this one, ship it to a container company, have it hauled over to France, pay the import duty/taxes, fix it up and flip it too..................

1970 Dodge Monaco - $925 (Fingal)
< >
00u0u_9i7oP4YaCbQ_600x450.jpg

1970 dodge monaco

condition: salvage
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
paint color: green
size: full-size
title status: missing
transmission: automatic
type: coupe
70 Dodge 2dr hardtop big block 383 2bbl, 727 automatic trans no title Dont know if it runs motor is NOT stuck just want out of my pasture.$925 or best offer Call or text Daryn

this car has no title so nothing can be done.
this car would have been a great daily.

Hey Xavi3r, I just got my income tax return, what would it cost to get this car shipped to Florida?

Hi, I really do not understand what you mean.
shipping a car, regardless of the type of car is between 2 and 3K$ depends on customs. more if you did it with professionals and even more is somehing goes bad during shipping.

Last edited:
this car has no title so nothing can be done.
Maybe for you. Some states (like Connecticut) have no registration requirement for a title on cars 20 years or older. All you need is the bill of sale. As beat as it looks I'd totally go for the one saforward look posted... if it wasn't in the middle of a field in north dakota.

I get all that Steve...but he is a flipper though he says he's not. My question was simply, will it really go for that much

As mentioned by Martin from NL it might bring 15-16k EUR realistically.
But it needs cosmetics and that turns some buyers off (just like in the US).
No it is more than that.
Maybe for you. Some states (like Connecticut) have no registration requirement for a title on cars 20 years or older. All you need is the bill of sale. As beat as it looks I'd totally go for the one saforward look posted... if it wasn't in the middle of a field in north dakota.

We absolutely need a title here to register a car and make a french title.
I only know 1 guy that saved a car without title, paid it, ship it, restore it and waited for 10 years now a solution to make another title, and it is me.I will have to go in Belgium.

I get all that Steve...but he is a flipper though he says he's not. My question was simply, will it really go for that much

Yes, I agree Dave that he is a flipper, but for me, if he does indeed invest in some restoration to fix the obvious deficiencies such as the seats and other turn offs, that is less distasteful for me than someone who just takes advantage of the clear disparity of the value of a vehicle here in the U.S. compared to overseas and flips it with no work or effort except to advertise it in the requisite forums in Germany or France or wherever and make a bunch of money on it (and after a guy agrees to buy it, they also help with the shipping arrangements and make some profit off that too). And I know guys that do just that. And I have had visitors from all over the world coming to my place to look at my collection but also to find cars to buy and resell in their countries, but very rarely will I let one go for that purpose. I can do that myself if I wanted to. I have bought cars for over 40 years because I liked them, and had no intentions of selling them. But when reality knocked at the door, and I am up in age now, it was necessary for me to let many of them go, which is what I have done over the last few years. I haven't tried to make money on them as much as trying to be sure they went to good caretakers. I still have too many, but at least I can store nearly all of them now on my own property without paying storage, and am keeping the ones I like the best. For now at least. So some might call me a flipper, but I do not see it that way or have that intention.

I don't believe the white Monaco will go for as much as is being asked unless he finds the right buyer, which is not that easy most of the time. Monacos are not nearly as popular or sought after overseas as the Chrysler 300s and the one Xavi3r is selling isn't nice enough yet in my opinion from what I have seen so far to get much above $15-$16K. But Xavi3r is putting effort into the Monaco to make it better, assuming all the fees with shipping and taxes etc and then maybe making a little in the end, but not as much as he would like based on his asking price my opinion. I don't have a problem with that really. It is an investment for him that is risky. True flippers do not assume much risk or investment.

i too have been called a "flipper". i can't get into the name-calling of others as is done to me sometimes, but as you relate safeforwardlook in part of your post 169, i too had just too many doggone cars after almost 40 years of accumulating them. some had/have to find new, good homes.

of the several dozen I sold past 15 years, I put substantial sums of money into some, not so much into others -- BUT kept EVERY ONE i ever owned for at least 10 years..except for two that I "flipped" (no other way to say it) at zero profit and with minimal investment into them at the time.

one is a C body floating around the Internet since 2004 - now in a museum (will not identify it beyond that as that is not the point of my story). I had it three weeks - another person wanted it, i broke even on it with acquisition cost plus transportation. new owner DID put money in, and three months later sold it. BUT they told told me at time of deal with me they were keeping it forever. circumstances susequent to the deal suggested they had other plans all along. again, they can do what they want after the purchase from me BUT I would have supported what they finally did to it. but why the lie? just talkin' me into selling i guess.

other one is a GM car...i was out driving a new acquisition of a '72 Gran Prix. Two weeks of ownership under my belt. A guy flagged me down at a stop light. We pulled over and talked. long story short, I followed him to his bank, and he came to my house and got the car/title an hour later. I got acquisition cost, plus transportation, plus a few hundred in new brakes and suspension work done just two days before. That was in 1999 .. me and this fellow still talk on occasion to this day and he still has the car (NOT the exact car below..but one just like it. SJ model, 455, loaded).

72 gran prix sj.png

anyway, I have beat this thread to death. hope our 70 Monaco finds a good home wherever it winds up and at whatever price(s) that it realizes.:)

Last edited:
I guess it is the time for me and Chris to offer you help again, Steve.
If you need more space we can each buy a car and ship it to germany and Arizona if you want to.

And we both won't resell them

Carsten

Yes, I agree Dave that he is a flipper, but for me, if he does indeed invest in some restoration to fix the obvious deficiencies such as the seats and other turn offs, that is less distasteful for me than someone who just takes advantage of the clear disparity of the value of a vehicle here in the U.S. compared to overseas and flips it with no work or effort except to advertise it in the requisite forums in Germany or France or wherever and make a bunch of money on it (and after a guy agrees to buy it, they also help with the shipping arrangements and make some profit off that too). And I know guys that do just that. And I have had visitors from all over the world coming to my place to look at my collection but also to find cars to buy and resell in their countries, but very rarely will I let one go for that purpose. I can do that myself if I wanted to. I have bought cars for over 40 years because I liked them, and had no intentions of selling them. But when reality knocked at the door, and I am up in age now, it was necessary for me to let many of them go, which is what I have done over the last few years. I haven't tried to make money on them as much as trying to be sure they went to good caretakers. I still have too many, but at least I can store nearly all of them now on my own property without paying storage, and am keeping the ones I like the best. For now at least. So some might call me a flipper, but I do not see it that way or have that intention.

I don't believe the white Monaco will go for as much as is being asked unless he finds the right buyer, which is not that easy most of the time. Monacos are not nearly as popular or sought after overseas as the Chrysler 300s and the one Xavi3r is selling isn't nice enough yet in my opinion from what I have seen so far to get much above $15-$16K. But Xavi3r is putting effort into the Monaco to make it better, assuming all the fees with shipping and taxes etc and then maybe making a little in the end, but not as much as he would like based on his asking price my opinion. I don't have a problem with that really. It is an investment for him that is risky. True flippers do not assume much risk or investment.

I dont disagree with any of that....

Thanks Carsten. He's right Steve, we're both the kinda guys that will help a friend in need !We're here for you buddy!

No it is more than that.

We absolutely need a title here to register a car and make a french title.
I only know 1 guy that saved a car without title, paid it, ship it, restore it and waited for 10 years now a solution to make another title, and it is me.I will have to go in Belgium.

Please send that nice wagon back to the States then, so it can be titled and driven and taken care of properly.

:poke:

Please send that nice wagon back to the States then, so it can be titled and driven and taken care of properly.

:poke:

I'll take a tour in belgium first :D
If it is not possible at the end, i'll import a wreck car and use the title...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back