1970 Plymouth Sport Fury S23 4 speed car

I was so eager to put on my Supervisors hat that I forgot something.

WhyTF is that there.

mount1-jpg.jpg

You have to. I would not worry about the input, cut the 3/4 of a inch off the front and use a pilot bearing out of a mid 90s Dodge truck, it goes into the converter pilot and no one will ever know. Would i cut the input on a 300m 18 spline hemi trans, no, but a common 23 spline sure thing.
The trans can be used again in something else you just have to always use the large pilot bearing and not the bushing, why you would ever use a bushing is beyond me. Even in a 100 point resto no one can see it.

That is a factory C-body z-bar bracket. Was it originally a 3 speed column shift car @Wollfen ? Either way, swap it! there needs to be more 4 speed fusys out there :D
The car is a factory floor shift console car but an auto. So the bracket must have either been put on by mistake or the chassis was just on the rack at the time the car passed by on the assembly line.

You have to. I would not worry about the input, cut the 3/4 of a inch off the front and use a pilot bearing out of a mid 90s Dodge truck, it goes into the converter pilot and no one will ever know. Would i cut the input on a 300m 18 spline hemi trans, no, but a common 23 spline sure thing.
The trans can be used again in something else you just have to always use the large pilot bearing and not the bushing, why you would ever use a bushing is beyond me. Even in a 100 point resto no one can see it.
I am considering the bearing idea yes, it certainly would be easier and input shafts can be easily replaced down the track if necessary.

you can buy an offset pilot bushing for the non drilled crank I used to get mine from napa but you will have to find an old timer and tell him what you are doing

This look about right?
More Information for NATIONAL FC69907

^^^So what is the difference in the two bearings??

It is not # matching, the color has been changed,.. it is worth more to most people hanged over to the 4 speed. Unless you are a millennium that has no ability to shift gears!?? lol

^^^So what is the difference in the two bearings??

It is not # matching, the color has been changed,.. it is worth more to most people hanged over to the 4 speed. Unless you are a millennium that has no ability to shift gears!?? lol
The one on the left is a needle bearing, and the other is a brass bushing.

4 speed all the way.Manuals allow you to hold revs when you want and when backed by a powerful engine are a blast to drive.And just keep the original parts for another owner if you have to sell one day.B.B

Back