1970 Polara Convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fratzog

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Very nice. I love convertibles! Only 900 made, probably half that number survives today. What do you think Dave/Stan?

Very nice. I love convertibles! Only 900 made, probably half that number survives today. What do you think Dave/Stan?

You're an optomist like myself, they're going to say less, much less...
That is a nice car, great color.

842 Made, figure on at most 150 survive. Many of the cars I have located over the past twenty years are wrecks, cars too rusty to put back together or sitting in yards. Even with those in the registry the number of cars found are close to the 10% rate. I havent counted but were close to 84, probably 75.

It is a nice car but there is just absolutely no demand for them which is why there is a low survival rate.........who's putting the money and sweat into them besides Fred?

What do you think Dave/Stan?
I'm not a 'vert hater but I just no interest in them. The top, to me, is just yet another additional huge and expensive pain in the neck when dealing with old cars. Got enough problems - lol.

I've had many cars over the years, mostly B-Bodies and two C-Bodies, a 1969 Fury III and the 1978 NY'er I have now. I have never owned a convertible...yet.

I'm not a 'vert hater but I just no interest in them. The top, to me, is just yet another additional huge and expensive pain in the neck when dealing with old cars. Got enough problems - lol.
You just can't leave them sitting out exposed to the elements. By 1970 Chrysler had the top mechanism down to a science and they were relatively trouble free. Yes new vinyl for the top was needed when I got Nessie but it's one of the few mechanical bits on my car that hasn't been otherwise touched. It continues to work flawlessly and nothing beats top down cruising on a warm sunny day.

You just can't leave them sitting out exposed to the elements. By 1970 Chrysler had the top mechanism down to a science and they were relatively trouble free. Yes new vinyl for the top was needed when I got Nessie but it's one of the few mechanical bits on my car that hasn't been otherwise touched. It continues to work flawlessly and nothing beats top down cruising on a warm sunny day.

Especially when the A/C and power windows don't work.

nothing beats top down cruising on a warm sunny day.

The rear bumper is on there pretty good too :sSig_lol3:

255646 2004  on the highway.jpg

How cool is that! I have to get a convertible some day.

So cool! All fantastic convertibles!!! It must of been an awesome cruise! That Duster or Dart in the left lane is awesome too.

Yah, that Duster looks likes he's just about ready to slam it back down to 2nd gear and make tracks.....that is a bad looking Plymouth.

...oh, I like those c bodies too, of course:bighug:

We had just left Moparfest, there were lots of Mopars on the Highway that day.

Think about it Fred, its a backhanded compliment and one of lifes moments that you'll never forget.

Since no damage occured we can laugh about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back