For Sale 1971 dodge polara 2-door - $5000

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is! Small world for sure. The LAST thing I thought I'd find out is that the car I haven't seen in 16 years is still out there and on the East coast now. I can't believe it. The best thing? The current owner has no clue what down in that back seat. lmao!!!!!!!

It is! Small world for sure. The LAST thing I thought I'd find out is that the car I haven't seen in 16 years is still out there and on the East coast now. I can't believe it. The best thing? The current owner has no clue what down in that back seat. lmao!!!!!!!

Nothing was/ is down there................That got all re done.

I will post these in order of when they were taken......

118263 2002 front.JPG118263 2002 left front.JPG118263 2004  71CBODY.JPG118263 2004 front.JPG118263 2004 grille.JPG118263 2004 left front.jpg118263 2004 left.jpg118263 2004 rear.jpg

118263 2002 front.JPG

118263 2002 left front.JPG

118263 2004  71CBODY.JPG

118263 2004 front.JPG

118263 2004 grille.JPG

118263 2004 left front.jpg

118263 2004 left.jpg

118263 2004 rear.jpg

DSCF0214.jpgDSCF0215.jpg

Stan should appreciate these trunk pan photos.. I never did sweat the bad pan, knowing It would get replaced one day.... I never had it long enough to replace it.
Were you the guy that sprayed the foam up under the Dutchman panel to stop the leak?

DSCF0216.jpgDSCF0217.jpgDSCF0218.jpgDSCF0219.jpgDSCF0220.jpgDSCF0221.jpgDSCF0222.jpg

DSCF0214.jpg

DSCF0215.jpg

DSCF0216.jpg

DSCF0217.jpg

DSCF0218.jpg

DSCF0219.jpg

DSCF0220.jpg

DSCF0221.jpg

DSCF0222.jpg

Nothing was/ is down there................That got all re done.

I will post these in order of when they were taken......

I'm pretty sure he meant what WENT down in that back seat emoticonbigsmile.gif

emoticonbigsmile.gif

I hate what the current owner did to it but he saved it from the idiot I sold it to a year later. It was on its way to certain death by a punk with more money than brains.... the little jerk off.

Those seats were replaced about a year after I bought it around 2001. I pulled the seats took them to a local guy and he re did them. I wanted the factory pattern and he stitched everything the way it should be...

Replaced the carpet

The front end was completely replaced along with the front shocks bearings and brakes.

The rear springs were replaced and the rear went bad so I had a 3:23 sure Grip installed, again, new bearings, brakes, and shocks.

The transmission was slipping so that got pulled and rebuilt by a local Chrysler loyalist.

You notice the wheels and caps, those are 15 x 7 steelies.

The timing chain went south on the 360 so that was replaced around 105,000 miles, She had around 146,000 when we let her go.

The radiator was re-cored , the carb and original alternator was replaced along with I dont know how many batteries and tune ups.

I replaced the Grille with a gorgeous piece and looking at the current photos someone painted it black.

The tail light panel got a nice coat of silver paint when I had it.

I also had the rear window rot repaired.It looked nice when it was done but obviously, they did a band aid for quick cash.

The dash pad was replaced with a beautiful junkyard piece from a 71 Fury Sport suburban along with the steering wheel from the same car.

The dash bezels were replaced, one NOS one from a yard with the rear defogger switch but I never get that installed.

The 140 speedometer was installed along with that nice Kenwood stereo/cd changer with an amp under the rear seat...nothing was cut on that car.

I also installed a right floor vent not original to air cars.

Also replaced the fender mounted turn signals because they were rusted out in the housings and sockets.

I dont think I mentioned the exhaust but I didnt like what was on there, a 2" straight out the rear, that had to go.

I loved that car........ so much time and effort went into it and I foolishly sold it on the cheap and at a weak moment.

I have recovered but I miss the car and she hasnt forgiven me either

Now, go ahead and tell me thats not the same car

I do not like brown cars (as some know) but I feel really sorry for the car being customized into the white car.
I hate painted bumpers.

It looked way better in brown (did I write that???!)

Carsten

That car was all me......

The current owner is a member here but hardly ever participates. He painted it white because of what the bastard did to the body before him....I think the white is a temporary plan

INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At first I noticed things and I thought "okay" but then the picture of it with the "ding" on the trunk lid on left side and my heart just raced. I knew,right then and there...it was my old car. BTW-I didn't do the the "Spray Foam" to fix a leak and I left it there. You gotta know,at the time,I was 24 and worked a ticket collector for a parking garage. I was not making tons of money.

I remember when I put it up for sale in "Wheel Deals" and I hated it. I wanted to keep the car. I remember the day I put the dual exhaust on,I had my Dad drive it home because I wanted to listen to it when he pulled away from a stop sign.

I agree with you,I'm NOT a fan of the white at all. Looks weird to me but I'm just stoked the car is still alive and has new life. That alone is AMAZING! That brown and black looked "right" to me.

I had fun with that car going to many house parties and remember once I got a little to drunk and my old friend Tracy drove the Polara to his house. My skateboard buddies would always make fun of me because all I drove was old 70's Mopars and GM stuff. After he drove it,I remember him telling me he "understood" now why I loved them.

I still can't believe it! I haven't seen her in 16 years!!!!!!!!! Thank you Polara71 for taking me on trip through memory lane. Oh man,I'm keeping this thread alive as now I'm going to dig up the pictures of it before I detailed and got layers of oxidation off of it. I have those pics too from before I did it.

J.

I should also mention,if you still are contact with the guy who bought it-if he wants to know the "paper trail" on it.

The car was bought new here in Spokane at Tom Price Chrysler/Plymouth and was here in Spokane for 28 years. I am the original 2nd owner of the car. I still had the original '71 title for it when I had it. I bought it from the original family. They lived about 4 blocks from me and I remember driving home and seeing it parked out back in the alley...one day,I stopped by there,knocked on the door....and as they say....the rest is history.

I should also mention,if you still are contact with the guy who bought it-if he wants to know the "paper trail" on it.

The car was bought new here in Spokane at Tom Price Chrysler/Plymouth and was here in Spokane for 28 years. I am the original 2nd owner of the car. I still had the original '71 title for it when I had it. I bought it from the original family. They lived about 4 blocks from me and I remember driving home and seeing it parked out back in the alley...one day,I stopped by there,knocked on the door....and as they say....the rest is history.

The current owner is in Pa and attends the Carlisle event. He knows if the car EVER becomes available again I need to have first crack.

I am sure he will want the paper trail as it should go with the car.

The fellow I bought it from said it was originally a California car, you're saying its not... huh?

OK I lived up to my side of the bargain, now, wheres your photos damn it!!

DSCF0579.jpgDSCF0573.jpg

The Blue car in the photo also came from Washington but was originally from McMinnville Oregon.

DSCF0579.jpg

DSCF0573.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back