For Sale 1971 dodge polara 2-door - $5000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember seeing the car on the net for the first time... Being a 71 fan and liking them in brown this car hit a nerve. As I said I offered him twelve, he said he had an offer of $1,250. So of course I said $1,275 and the deal was done. . . . .

The rust around the rear window happened when they had it parked under a car port but the rear end stuck out. Another reason too why the trunk pan had little holes in it and was weak in some areas. As far as the paper trail-I gave everything I had with it when it sold. It was all in the glove box. I'm going to go through some storage tubs here tonight and see if I can find those photos. I had stored away with other pics of my late 90's cars I had. Before the Polara,I had a '70 Impala Custom and a '72 El Camino. The Polara was my first vintage Mopar.

After it sold and I started making better money,I went on a Dodge Dart/Plymouth Scamp binge and rescued 15 of them. I have a 16th original '72 as well as the '69 New Yorker code Y13 "Dealer Demo" now.

Last edited:
and when did you register for this site?... Yesterday? Is your Chrysler what brought you here?

Yes. I just came on board here. There is an ad for a '69 New Yorker here and I saw it on Craigslist. I bought it and had it shipped over without even seeing it in person first. This car is amazing. I love it. However,I have a line on a stock '69 2 door Polara and am more than likely going to pounce on it soon. Need to figure out title issues first as it is lost and in Idaho. Idaho can be a big "PITA". lol Detective car.jpg

Detective car.jpg

Here you go Polara71! The first 2 pics are the day I brought it home. The last one was about a week later after detailing it. Look close at the second pic....and there you will see that "ding" on the left side of trunk lid...and that awful spray foam in the molding channel. These photos were developed September of 1999. Pics were taken in June of 1999. BTW-I got it wrong(it was from Ventura,Ca.)-sorry,I've had so many cars I get mixed up sometimes. lol...It happens. Polara1.jpgPolara2.jpgPolara3.jpg

Polara1.jpg

Polara2.jpg

Polara3.jpg

Jason, you do know that car had been repainted in brown? It was originally GK6 which is a lot darker than burnt orange but not brown.......

So, the question is, how did it get to Washington?

You should pounce on that 69....it won't last long if it's worthy. Two door fuseys don't stay on the market but a few days

The rust around the rear window happened when they had it parked under a car port but the rear end stuck out. Another reason too why the trunk pan had little holes in it and was weak in some areas. As far as the paper trail-I gave everything I had with it when it sold. It was all in the glove box. I'm going to go through some storage tubs here tonight and see if I can find those photos. I had stored away with other pics of my late 90's cars I had. Before the Polara,I had a '70 Impala Custom and a '72 El Camino. The Polara was my first vintage Mopar.

After it sold and I started making better money,I went on a Dodge Dart/Plymouth Scamp binge and rescued 15 of them. I have a 16th original '72 as well as the '69 New Yorker code Y13 "Dealer Demo" now.

Nice car !!! Let's see a lot of pictures of that New Yorker!!! And the fender tag(s) too. LOL!

Dave/Jason....71's still had factory points ignition. Did either of you convert to the current electronic ignition?

I like white cars......but not when they paint over the chrome and the especially the bumpers. Some people like painted bumpers ....... sorry, not me.

Dave/Jason....71's still had factory points ignition. Did either of you convert to the current electronic ignition?

Nope, that car still had points when I had it. It wouldnt have when the engine got done but thats all over now...

Wow! I didn't know about the color change. Back then,I was just getting into older cars and not paying too much attention to the codes like I do now. You know,if I get up north again here anytime soon,it might be 16 years later,but maybe I'll stop by that house to see if the original owners still live there. It's a longshot,but I can try.

J.

78NYB....I posted a shot of it on the previous page....however,not to leave you hanging either....here's a shot of a '76 New Yorker Brougham I had last year. Pulled from a barn in the Palouse and cleaned up,got it running like a swiss watch and sold. It went to Berlin,Germany. NYB.jpg

NYB.jpg

Wow! I didn't know about the color change. Back then,I was just getting into older cars and not paying too much attention to the codes like I do now. You know,if I get up north again here anytime soon,it might be 16 years later,but maybe I'll stop by that house to see if the original owners still live there. It's a longshot,but I can try.

J.

http://www.mopar1.us/chip/1971-dodge-pc.jpg

GK6 Dark Bronze poly..... you could see it in the door jambs, under the trunk lid and the firewall...

118263 2009 360 engine.jpg

Look at that firewall, this car was gorgeous when new. The lack of vinyl top made this car a looker....

118263 2009 360 engine.jpg

I have always liked that color. Almost like "copper" in a sense. Come to think of it,I do remember it being that color now. In fact,I wanted to re-do it that color but money was pretty tight.

I like this board because it's cool to see I'm not alone with Mopar stuff. I love the "C" bodies but I love all Mopar stuff mostly. This is an "A" body '73 Plymouth Scamp I pulled from the woods and 1 week later-you will see where it eventually went. I know my way around the engines,body work and detailing. I do all of my own work. Scamp1.jpgScamp2.jpg

Scamp1.jpg

Scamp2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back