1971 New Yorker 2-door w/sunroof, Hudson, Iowa - eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg B.

Reaction score
Contact seller
Not sure we've seen this one before? Underside is a bit scaly but may not be too far gone.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-Ne...ce65ae6e7&item=261562754791&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

71nyer1.jpg71nyer2.jpg71nyer3.jpg71nyer4.jpg

71nyer1.jpg

71nyer2.jpg

71nyer3.jpg

71nyer4.jpg

very nice car.
Scaley: yes. But it is not rusted through yet

That's what rust free means along the rust belt I'd say.

Scales or no, I like it. Survived without being beat to hell and jacked up in the rear with hood scoops...blah, blah.

I also have 68-70 Mopar B-bodies.
When it would be compared to rare Mopar muscles this one is absolutly considered rustfree.
A lot of Hemis, wings cars and E-Body CVs are often transported in buckets.

This will be an interesting auction - a pretty well loaded New Yorker with sun roof and no Auto Temp even! Pretty nice shape it seems to me.

Some rust issues underneath the wide trim pieces lurking out and lower part in all. Hard to touch up, a partial repaint there at least would be recommended if you want to use it more often.

Cool. AM/FM and tilt tele

what's the button to the left and up from the ash tray?

Duh the sunroof LOL

$_57.JPG

I want it and I'll drain my savings to restore it. It has to be that one.

Stan, are you serious? I have a Top Banana (yellow) one of those 71 NY two doors with sunroof, and maybe I need a bookend? Or if you really are serious, then go for it, and I will have a yellow bookend in California and you can have a red bookend in Florida! With that car you won't even remember you have a formal!

Of course I'm not serious. When have I ever been serious? :dancing_monkey:
Just wishing and hoping while being Don Quixote.

Interesting - I went to see what this sold for and it was removed prior to closing yesterday. Either a local sale, or it wasn't bringing the money that was expected. Last bid I saw was just over $3500.

It is rare that a listing is completely removed from ebay with no record at all of the listing ever having been on that site. This is strange...........................

Thanks Greg B. for posting the pics to the forum! This is one of the cars in my pamphlet. The owner is on the DryDock I believe, and had posted about it several years back. Most of his pics in the post have broken links, that is why I only have a pic of the wheel. Thanks again! Scott.

It's for sale on Moparts under the Full Size section for $10k:
"1971 Chrysler New Yorker, sunroof car, 440-4, auto., Two door, special ordered by Cedar Falls Dr., second owner. Continue to take very good care of this car, I have owned it since 2008, only put around 500 miles on it. It has 133k mi. on the car, but still has original paint markings on the engine,the original interior only has one minor rip in the driver seat. Typical Iowa rust starting on bottom quarters, I took the wheel skirts off a year ago. I have many pictures. $10,000. I can send pics through my email rharrington@cvmspc.com or call me after 5:00 PM central time at 319-269-8294"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back