1971 Plymouth Sport Fury GT Brogham & U code Super Comando

Sigh.....this all falls on me....Paul can only preform when he's given the right stuff..and this desision was mine...original radio didn't work and with a crufugel of incidents and wrong radios found myself giving Paul the go ahead with the new system due to time alotments...
By rights one of the conversions should went in but due to circumstances and time alotments this is what l ended up with. No one's fault but mine
What folks don't realize is lm under the gun re customs and time frame to have this GT done and get outa Dodge before thier sheriff fines my ***....

Sigh.....this all falls on me....Paul can only preform when he's given the right stuff..and this desision was mine...original radio didn't work and with a crufugel of incidents and wrong radios found myself giving Paul the go ahead with the new system due to time alotments...
By rights one of the conversions should went in but due to circumstances and time alotments this is what l ended up with. No one's fault but mine
What folks don't realize is lm under the gun re customs and time frame to have this GT done and get outa Dodge before thier sheriff fines my ***....
It does not look like the dash was cut up, no harm no foul. Now you have to drive it to enjoy that stereo.:poke:

No dashs
0510162005b.jpg
0510162005b.jpg
0510162006a.jpg

were killed in the making of this fury....few more pics for folks...little bit of luck the Internet gods will hold the conection......
0510162005.jpg

0510162005a.jpg

Last edited:
Don't ever apologize for doing something that suits you, its not like you cut some sheet metal and customized the body lines of the car. Bolting in or removing a radio is an easy thing anyway. In the end, it's your car.

What happened to the vinyl roof seam below the rear window? In looking at a couple of my cars with the original factory vinyl roof, the seam on the very top of the roof between the windshield and back glass should generally line up with the seam beneath the back glass. Also the trunk extension panel to quarter panel joining line should not be visible under the vinyl roof. The alignment of the seam before and below the back glass though, isn't quite a perfect alignment on one of my cars though, but pretty close. Not trying to be picky, but that kind of stands out, and your car is so excellent otherwise, you might want to see if that can be addressed.

Last edited:
It's looking awesome. Keeping it in prospective it's probably a lot better job than plymouth ever did. No need to seperate the fly turds from the black pepper.

Last edited:
But to go to all that trouble of having a perfect car , it will stick out like horse **** in the same black pepper

I would never say do it wrong, but I bet it can't be changed without replacing. Only time any one sees it is at a show.

I would never say do it wrong, but I bet it can't be changed without replacing. Only time any one sees it is at a show.

Yes, but knowing its there I guess is the problem.... this car is damn near perfect. Kudos to the builder but also to the owner for hunting down what was needed to be right

You know, the nit-picking on this build has started to piss me off. Paul is doing a full restoration to CanCritter's specifications and is in my opinion doing an unbelievable job. Neither CanCritter or Paul don't deserve the BS comments that this or that isn't "factory exact" or concours perfect. Well I've got a news flash for all the nit-pickers, if you want a "factory perfect" or maybe a concours car, the anti starts at $50K.

So put up or shut up.

Constructive criticism never hurts Bill, none of it is meant as anything but help.
They're only words, get upset when someone leans against it at a show

You know, the nit-picking on this build has started to piss me off. Paul is doing a full restoration to CanCritter's specifications and is in my opinion doing an unbelievable job. Neither CanCritter or Paul don't deserve the BS comments that this or that isn't "factory exact" or concours perfect. Well I've got a news flash for all the nit-pickers, if you want a "factory perfect" or maybe a concours car, the anti starts at $50K.

So put up or shut up.

Uncalled for Bill. No one is bashing here. This is a very nice, high quality build. The questions posed could assist others with future restorations. From what I've seen, everyone has been very respectful and complementary of the build. You may not be a "factory correct" guy, but many on the board are and have inquiries regarding discrepancies with other cars. I think it is healthy for the hobby to ask questions as there may have been plant to plant or shift to shift differences when the cars were initially built.

With criticism comes improvement and that's never a bad thing.

My comment was

So put up or shut up.

I was trying to be careful to not appear as a nit picker, and even said so. I do my own restorations, so I don't accumulate a $50K bill on the job, so I don't have to "put up or shut up" but I still strive for the same perfection that Paul appears to and I welcome any input as to anything I am doing that is not factory correct. And I marvel at the methods Paul uses in his builds. My goal with my restorations at least, is to duplicate history authentically and provide a car that people can observe as "that is the way they were made". If you don't care about the details and just want to drive a beautiful car and not be bothered about some details, then fine. I can respect that. I just thought that in this case every attempt was being made to make it the best one out there, factory correct. That is why I have supported Derek in providing some very rare parts for him that I would not have provided to anyone else that I am aware of doing such a nice job. In the end it is up to him as to whether he wants to change it - I was only trying to help, not criticize. I also realize Derek is under the gun to get the car back across the border at this point, so some things might need to be buttoned up later - this issue is correctable later if he wants to. I get it.

62 300 #1.jpg
300C #1.jpg
Cuda #2.jpg
Cuda #3.jpg

Last edited:
Well explain all the "well meaning" BS to Derek, his last post was exasperated ".....".
I agree in some of what you guys say, but not the tone.

Back