1971 Plymouth Sport Fury GT Brogham & U code Super Comando

dare to be different.......
l never ment for this car to be a concourse car just a car that was well built..well optioned and fun...l don't wana be that old cranky concourse guy worrying about his first rockchip or scratch...no disrespect ment of course..lm just not that guy
Paul has been putting in some nasty hours as of late trying to ensure we meet my deadline.....last time customs threatened me with a 20k fine and l got it all sorted out but were not pushing our luck where the US gov is concerned..
wish Paul had a few more months but he dosnt so lm not going there with the vynal...
Vynal was supplied by SMS and they cut it and seamed it...according to Paul seam may be off if you line it up by inch or so but not realy a issue so lm good with that...
If this were a concourse car things would be different obviously...lm grateful to the work that Paul has done and if he missed a small point because hes dealin with all the other crap l throw at him lm not gona sweat it and neither should the rest of us...
Paul should be shooting me some pics today of trunk and rear bumpers ect...hopefully :poke:

In mounting the trunk lid Paul was a tad concerned about the panel and lid line up because both full quarters were replaced with a 23 and 29 quarters...bottom line was Ron nailed it with the quarters and the welding hes done leaves Paul impressed everytime hes been fitting parts...
Thanx Ron for the wonderful job you've done with the welding:thumbsup::thankyou:
with all the things that coulda gone wrong l think were doing pretty darn good all things considered...
simple bricklayers like me just don't build **** like this everyday...
As for Bill...well were all kinda protective of Paul just because hes the type of fella we all hope to have as a friend and hes done so much for the bunch of us here in Cowtown...bottom line all good..sooo0 happy to be outa the sticks and back in civilization....l think

So it's US customs that wants you to get the car out of the country?

got home last dec to a nasty letter from us customs wanting 14k+US which woulda been close to 20k can...car had overstayed its paperwork and the broker told me no more paperwork wasn't necessary...welp he was wrong and customs wasn't happy...
put the facts forward and the brokerage company stepped up to the plate in helping sort things out...
customs seen what happened and gave me a little leeway and fine will be adjusted when car returns...as it is now have to reapply every month or two for a extension...applying for last one now and hopefully they'll allow it and give Paul a couple more weeks breathing room...
couldn't have brought car back across border in parts as customs wouldn't be able to verify it was said car....been lotsa fun behind the pics...hasn't been all icecream and cookies...

If it stays too long, CBP look at it as an illegal importation.

Im sure they have their silly reasons , it just seems ridiculous to me, thats all. He took it one way, he has a record of it. Hes now bringing it back. Why cant the government leave us alone?

I had no idea customs would even be involved in something like this, you took a car across the border for a resto and will soon be bringing it back where is the problem

IMG_1377.JPG
IMG_1376.JPG
IMG_1375.JPG
IMG_1374.JPG
IMG_1373.JPG
IMG_1371-2.JPG
IMG_1380.JPG

l need the horn switch parts so if anyone has spares kickin around email me..thanx

Last edited:
Nice work Dereck, what did Paul do to fixate those new threads in place?
Was Jusssst looking at that...belive so...will ask when he calls tonight
Most folks just put plain old rear bumpers back on without them on due to difficulty....Paul's spent a lot a time bringing back the one l got from Dan C as mine was pretty well toast

Back