WANTED 1971 Polara hood release cable assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one somewhere. Let me dig it out tomorrow and get back to you.

Sorry, after looking at it, it's in bad shape, nothing you would want. I'm surprised I kept it. It was out in my shed or I would have looked at it before responding.

So anyone able to help him out?

I have one that isn't too great. I also have the stuff to ditch the cable and make it have the exterior hood release.

You may want to find out the part number and try to find a NOS one. One from the formal years might work too if you can find one. I repaired one of mine with an extra long brake line for a tandem bicycle and a metal eye for small wire rope as the handle. I wrapped the handle in electrical tape so it doesn't stick out too much, but it does look Jerry rigged (because it is). A "T" handle with a set screw would be great, but I haven't found one, and even that would require a bit of messing around to look right.

I've looked up part numbers in the 70,71, and 73 parts book. The part numbers are very vogue. Every time I look for one of the numbers, it comes up as the latch. I'm pretty sure the cables have the part number on them, but I haven't tried to get the hood open yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back