1972-73 IMPERIAL FOR SALE Tracker starting NOW into INFINITY.

I wonder if we have to rethink value due to inflation. If a 4 door Imperial in good condition is now worth 15k, is a 2 door then 25k ? And if so what does that mean for the rest of classic cars? Is a 2nd gen Charger now in the 150-200k range ? What do you think ? One thing to consider is that the € lost more than 20% of its value compared to the US $, so will see less cars shipped across the Atlantic as dealers can´t make easy big bucks with the cars anymore. Plus gas is remains above 10$ per gallon. If prices remain at the recent level, this hobby loses many people over here who can´t afford it anymor
A lot of pressure is being put on us through the rising cost of living (food, fuel, housing, power, etc.) while wages remain the same or increase slightly, but not even close to the rate of inflation. So, from a buyer's perspective, given our available money doesn't go as far as it used to prior to 2020, it's definitely making it difficult, if not impossible, to buy that classic car we'd like. For those of us outside the USA, things are much harder, as shipping costs have also increased significantly, while the value of our currency keeps falling. You'd think that at some point car prices will come down when demand tanks, but by that stage many will have more pressing issues to deal with to even think about buying a car that will mostly sit in a shed and cost a small fortune to run and maintain. Many people are still doing alright financially, but only the very wealthy are able to ride out an economic collapse, which we are told it's inevitable, so eventually, the car hobby will be greatly affected. I don't wish to come across as a pessimist, it's just the reality of the situation.

A lot of pressure is being put on us through the rising cost of living (food, fuel, housing, power, etc.) while wages remain the same or increase slightly, but not even close to the rate of inflation. So, from a buyer's perspective, given our available money doesn't go as far as it used to prior to 2020, it's definitely making it difficult, if not impossible, to buy that classic car we'd like. For those of us outside the USA, things are much harder, as shipping costs have also increased significantly, while the value of our currency keeps falling. You'd think that at some point car prices will come down when demand tanks, but by that stage many will have more pressing issues to deal with to even think about buying a car that will mostly sit in a shed and cost a small fortune to run and maintain. Many people are still doing alright financially, but only the very wealthy are able to ride out an economic collapse, which we are told it's inevitable, so eventually, the car hobby will be greatly affected. I don't wish to come across as a pessimist, it's just the reality of the situation.
interesting that things in Australia are same like here in Europe.. I agree 100%

interesting that things in Australia are same like here in Europe.. I agree 100%
Yes, the average person is walking around with a noose around their neck and the powers that be keep tightening it just a bit more, and a bit more, testing how much people can take.

This is the one I bought. I paid $4500 for it. It was in Bryan, Ohio but it was from Manistique, Michigan.

It has a tilt-telescope steering column, rear defogger, Golden-Tone AM/FM search-seek radio, power vent windows, cloth seats, and Auto-Temp II.

1151BFEF-24D9-4821-9509-62B2CF22801E.jpeg

64ABE61E-14E2-40E6-ADAB-9382FDCD7C73.jpeg

F610B686-2E4B-4373-87A8-FE2C2FB94746.jpeg

1973 Chrysler imperial Sedan 4D
$6,000
Listed 6 hours ago in West Valley City, UT

About this vehicle​

Driven 120,000 miles

Automatic transmission

Exterior colour: Blue · Interior colour: Blue

Fuel type: Petrol

Good condition

Seller's description​

1973 Chrysler Imperial Le Baron. This is a Jason Bagee original. Car spent most of its life in Florida. Doctor owned... The 440 runs incredibly strong. I wish I could keep her but I have a 1965 Imperial coming to me that needs all of my attention. Paint is good, a possible respray? No rust. New tires..New master cylinder and brake system purge... Top has been removed, roof primed...I have the brightwork trim for the top. Car needs some love but such a rare beauty...Dwarfs my 1976 Deville!
See less

West Valley City, UT
Location is approximate

Seller information​

Seller details

Brian L Hedger

Joined Facebook in 2007

Sponsored

1666427210699.png

1666427240076.png

1666427260233.png

1666427277849.png

1666427296751.png

1666427329277.png

1666427349516.png

I saw him doing the work on Facebook. Ironically he said that people in Europe were wanting him to sell, and he said he didn’t buy it just to resell it.
I have been watching the blue one for a while. The previous owner of this blue one Jason B. sold me my McGoldy from the West coast years ago. For a second I thought about grabbing this one before Brian did. But, I'm just in the middle of a house build and have the four Imperials now to keep me busy enough.

I have been watching the blue one for a while. The previous owner of this blue one Jason B. sold me my McGoldy from the West coast years ago. For a second I thought about grabbing this one before Brian did. But, I'm just in the middle of a house build and have the four Imperials now to keep me busy enough.
Four?

Back