WANTED 1973 Dodge Monaco, Ignition Switch Connector, Tilt Column

Status
Not open for further replies.

1970FuryConv

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
1973 Dodge Monaco, Tilt Steering Column, Ignition switch connector wanted. 1970-1976 tilt column connector may be same.
Chrysler paid Saginaw to build their tilt steering columns.
This is the connector for the Delco ignition switch that came with tilt columns. Standard column connector will not work.
Want a new connector or excellent used connector to match below: Connector, female terminals, and wires must be good. Do not care so much about condition of flat Chrysler connector at opposite end of wires.
Please post pics and price
@halifaxhops Ray, if you have any info to add, I'd be glad to have it. Thanks, Ben
Picture below: one of the top mounting clips is broken off.
PXL_20220119_213948127 Batt & Start conn.jpg

PXL_20220119_234811997 Batt & Start Conn.jpg

Last edited:
1973 Dodge Monaco, Tilt Steering Column, Ignition switch connector wanted
Chrysler paid Saginaw to build their tilt steering columns.
This is the connector for the Delco ignition switch that came with tilt columns. Standard column connector will not work.
Want a new connector or excellent used connector to match below: Connector, female terminals, and wires must be good. Do not care so much about condition of flat Chrysler connector at opposite end of wires.
Please post pics and price
@halifaxhops Ray, if you have any info to add, I'd be glad to have it. Thanks, Ben
Picture below: one of the top mounting clips is broken off.
View attachment 511058
View attachment 511059
Try Frank Parks
706-857-2832

Ebay ad for new switch says, tilt column ignition switch is same 1970-1976.
Connector may have been produced for 7 years.
Switch blades. Green casing is NORS. Wanted Connector installs on left side in picture.
PXL_20220124_214141457.jpg

2 clips engage bottom square opening in picture.
PXL_20220124_213928948.jpg

Hey go into your wiring diagram see if you can find a part number for it. Find one PM me it might be able to find one.

I would still like to have the connector, but I drilled a hole in the original connector where the battery input wire terminal was. It was the only terminal that had corrosion. I connected the connector to the new switch. Battery wire: I used a regular female spade terminal pushed thru the drilled hole onto the male spade of the switch. DURING CRANKING:
Ignition Switch
Voltage input is 10.7V,
Output at starter wire is 10.6V.
Ignition switch is not the problem. Bad diagnosis on my part. I'm going to try starting a new thread.

Page 8-54 in the IPB has pictures with part numbers.

My mopar has it online section 8. To many that look similar and I dont have the plug in front of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back