For Sale 1973 Newport Navajo (Quebec, 43k miles, original paint))

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine. Four-door hardtop. 4 pics only in the Kijiji ad, but the car does look good inside and out in those pics. I don't think it has A/C, but if it is as solid as it looks, for the price (under $5.5k US), it should be a fair deal.

$_593.jpg

$_592.jpg

$_591.jpg

$_59.jpg

Pretty neat car. I personally can't get past the front grille styling. For some reason it screams Chevy to me.

Dave

I think it screams "get ready, the formals are coming very soon............." I am not a fan of the boxy look either.

Apparently I'm the exception here. I love the 73 Chryslers, especially the 4 doors. I prefer the NY's over the Newports but this is nice. The one(s) that got away, when I was in college I had the chance to by a triple white 73 NYB and when I was looking for a car in 2013 or so, I missed the chance to buy a triple black NYB that ended up in England and was for sale recently again at a much inflated price. Here is a pic and the original ad, if memory serves it was around 3500 in Cincinnati OH. CHRYSLER NEW YORKER BROUGHAM for sale: photos, technical specifications, description. I'm not sure why this site never takes down ads.

chrysler-new-yorker-brougham-1.jpg

And here is the ad from what I believe is the same car being for sale in England a short time later.

For Sale - Chrysler New Yorker Brougham - 440ci (1973) - Classic Cars HQ

I think the car is screaming "its the last year for full sized hardtops". The price sounds fair, step up before these are gone or can just look at pictures cause they are all gone.

right now there is a 73 Chrysler Newport 4dr sedan and 2dr Hardtop for sale in Germany with the same colour (Navajo edition). If it gets shipped overseas someone can buy all three body styles at once in the same combo.

But the 73 Chrysler are not the hottest sellers overhere.

I prefer the 69-71 models personally, too

IMO this is why everyone associates the front end with a chevy but I think the Chrysler is far above and beyond the chevy.

chevrolet-impala-1974-10.jpg

_591-jpg.jpg

Thanks for posting t comparison pictures Shooter65.

That's what it remind me of. I do like the rest of the car. An I do like the styling of the 1972's.

It was just a personal observation and preference.

Dave

And @Tobias74 is in Hungary visiting family. Besides he likes 69-71’s mostly.
That’s right I like 69-71 , the other 73 is on the market in Germany for a long time $5500usd is maybe with luck what you can get for the car in Europe

The 1973 Chrysler style can grow on you, it just takes a little time. The Navajo color combination, including the green tinted glass and the orange shag carpeting is a killer 1970's style.

The 1973 Chrysler style can grow on you, it just takes a little time. The Navajo color combination, including the green tinted glass and the orange shag carpeting is a killer 1970's style.

I was working for Chrysler in 1973 and since I still don't like the 73 fuselage styling, I am not sure how much more time it would take! :confused: But I do agree on the Navajo color combinations - very unique and surprising that Chrysler would actually put something that outrageous in production.

There is a Navajo NY'er that shows up at Carlisle from time to time. I believe the Navajo Edition was some sort of Spring Special. I would of thought they would of sold more of them. Back then I bought a new 1973 Ralleye Challenger 340 console car.

29636.png

I think its a great buy ....just needs a set of roadies and its a perfect example of a very rare car ....love it!

saforwardlook said:
I was working for Chrysler in 1973 and since I still don't like the 73 fuselage styling, I am not sure how much more time it would take!
Okay, if almost 46 years didn't do the trick, that's not gonna change anymore then :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back