1976 auto temp 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went threw all the paper work that came with it and found all the records of what he did. The cam he put in starts at 2200 with headers so to me that means it will not breathe well with stock manifolds. I did the cam thing long ago and the wrong one will slow you down like its running in mud. The heads I still don't know about and right now all I want is to be able to start it when it's hot and be able to take it somewhere without fear of it not starting.
I drive my cars they don't sit except for winter so they have to run and run as good as they can. I believe the block is yours as most of what is on it matches your picture. I will put a set of aluminum heads, 6 quart pan at least(I've run it out of oil at the end of second with two 5500 rpm shifts) and a cam the runs from idle on up .
I'm all done whining about now I'm just going to make it mine and it's time to open up my wallet and spend some money. I'll be back when I'm done.

All I want to see is some good news come out of all of this. Best of luck, Rush.

< Sent from my tablet >

:yaayy: When you went for the ride I popped such a woodie!!!!!!!!!!

:sSig_thanks: for keeping her alive. I am THRILLED it's in great hands! Means a lot to me. :eek:s_dancing2:

Good job Stan!!!!

Seems to accelerate very good for 5,000 lbs!!!

And there's only half of Stan's job still left as it seems.

I see a Hurst emblem on the trunk lid......didn't see that when Stan had it.

Thanks Stan!!:yourock:
Didn't have hood scoops either. The trunk emblem looks ok and it drives people nuts at the car shows so I'm going to leave it.:eek:s_dancing2:

Thanks Stan!!:yourock:
Didn't have hood scoops either. The trunk emblem looks ok and it drives people nuts at the car shows so I'm going to leave it.:eek:s_dancing2:

Watch out for the deer! LOL!!!

And the bears!

You forgot turkeys !!!!! I've killed 7 or 8 deer in varies cars. I never change my line just bang and watch them go.
My brother hit one on his motor cycle and was off of work for 6 months.

I couldn't take it anymore with the starter problem so I ordered this 3 HP one.

msd.jpg

Mini starter. I have one too, "Tuff Stuff". Absolutely love the thing. Flips over in a flash every time---curiously enough though, I do miss that familiar Chrysler starter motor sound. Something about it that makes it so cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back