1978 NYB New Engine.....

Sounds like you have thought it out and picked a great engine, If you did want to go the Jasper route you would have had to either send your engine in for the rebuild or send it as a core. Our shop is a Jasper dealer and I have used a lot of Jasper engines and transmissions, good product, but I think your going the right route.

I have decided to go ahead and add the aluminum cylinder heads. Like I said before.....this will be the last time I do a major engine upgrade for this car. I believe the aluminum heads have all of the proper threaded holes in the right places. All of the 400 B engine blocks were the same from 72-78. I will report after I call them today.

Another $1500. It would cost more than that if I put them on myself.
And to tear open a freshly built engine. I'm not a racer, some prefer to keep them buttoned up unless absolutely necessary.

Except for mounting brackets and pulleys I'm putting everything new in her.

I have a Carquest remanufactured distributor but I'm considering a new MSD billet distributor.

I already have a new Eddie carb with an electric choke n the box and I'm going to use that for now. I think I need to get the new engine in and get it running for a couple of years. I am looking at the Holley injection system....but that will be in a couple of years. I need to get smart on conversion fuel injection systems and understand each system and map out the mods and installation in advance.

I already have a new Eddie carb with an electric choke n the box and I'm going to use that for now. I think I need to get the new engine in and get it running for a couple of years. I am looking at the Holley injection system....but that will be in a couple of years. I need to get smart on conversion fuel injection systems and understand each system and map out the mods and installation in advance.
To help confuse you, a guy in FABO has dual FiTech throttle bodies on a cross ram, small block I think. He claims to have done zero tuning whatsoever. I haven't heard many issues with a slightly above stock build. Just a thought.

Back