1978 NYB New Engine.....

I had some great luck about a week ago using 303 convertible and Tonneau cover cleaner on the vinyl top of the NYB.

I used my GF's Hurricane Spin Scrubber that she uses for the bathroom. ( I think I have it cleaned up enough that she doesn't suspect I used it on the NYB vinyl top while she was at work) There is a 4" soft bristle circular brush attachment that did wonderful job taking all the embedded dirt off of the vinyl. The vinyl top looks like it's new again. Maybe I should tell her to get one of them for me for Christmas but I think she would have figured out I tried hers on the NYB. Lol. It works great with the extension handle and it reached far enough without using a ladder.

I don't mind the 360 in my car. Actually, it makes it a standout. I've never seen another, and it's more proof of being a California car.
It's got all the power I'll ever need.

I don't mind the 360 in my car. Actually, it makes it a standout. I've never seen another, and it's more proof of being a California car.
It's got all the power I'll ever need.

Yours also has the emissions code decal that authenticates a California car.

Is it all dialed in, Bob? Happy with its streetability? Idle, smoothness, etc.
How's the A/C?

I've driven it about 400 miles so far. Runs great and performance wise it is dialed in. However, I have a few issues to deal with yet. I have the high rise accelerator linkage kit to paint and mount. I have some troubleshooting to do with the dual radiator fans. The fans stay on 100% of the time. I have it narrowed down to a problem with the green wire or the yellow wire. The fans are suppose to come on when the compressor comes on and when the dipp switches are set to turn on and off. My plan is to offset each fan start and stop temp by 5 degrees so they both don't start and stop at the same time. The A/C works fine. I'll have to check the Freon again when the ambient temp hits 70 this spring.

I was putting the car cover on the NYB because we are going to get a couple inches of rain this weekend and I could smell a very strong odor of gas. I found one of the AN fuel fittings to the fuel pump was loose and leaking gas everywhere. A couple of wrenches and I got her tightened up. You think you triple check everything and somehow I missed this fitting. I'm glad I found it before it turned into as massive inferno....

I'm glad I found it before it turned into as massive inferno.
1*AnWwzbB42U5RlpVqRckdkg.jpg

Back