1979 Chrysler 300 for Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Bob did and the rest of us could care less. We dont look at a car as a comfy air conditioner
The issue isn't that it doesn't have air.
My ***** is that it's been removed. Laziness or cheapness or both. A guy that doesn't care, regardless.

Posted via Topify using Android

No, i disagree, some of us dont want or need that mess under the hood. Cleaner look, no extra parts to break, easier to work on.

The previous owner of this car obviously cared about it and wasn't lazy. It seems very nice and well cared for all be it not my style.

Agreed. It's not my style either, but gotta give the guy his props for keeping it in decent enough shape, A/C or no.

I remember looking at new 79 300's just after the 80 models had been introduced.
A Chrysler dealership I had bought cars from had 3-4 of them lined up behind their building and wanted to sell them badly..... Heck of an offer and I thought about buying one.... But after taking a look at the cars and seeing the really poor quality I walked away.... It was a bad time for Chrysler.

I could never look at them the same after '78.
I looked at the 79's.
GM gave up on me.
Ford...
It was over.
Damn gum'mint

I understand Stan's point about things being messed up way beyond stock. I found new jury-rigged stuff on my car on an almost weekly basis. If it weren't for all the old mopar parts in our garage I'd be stuck rebuilding the jury rigging. As-is I can at least pull the right stuff from our stock, put it on and have it work like it should.

The issue isn't that it doesn't have air.
My ***** is that it's been removed. Laziness or cheapness or both. A guy that doesn't care, regardless.

Stans right. Some just don't understand the design and engineering that is involved and figure..."Why do that"... when a rubber band and duct tape will work.....!

Those mods are a lot harder to deal with then an OEM system that just dosen't work.

I understand Stan's point about things being messed up way beyond stock. I found new jury-rigged stuff on my car on an almost weekly basis. If it weren't for all the old mopar parts in our garage I'd be stuck rebuilding the jury rigging. As-is I can at least pull the right stuff from our stock, put it on and have it work like it should.

Almost every "old" car today will fall into the hands of someone who will say it wasnt done right. Its a matter of preference.

There is a difference between things "not done right" and things that should not have been touched or removed.

I'll end the debate with this. I'll pay more for a car that's all original, all there, and everything works.

Posted via Topify using Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back