2017 Carlisle Chrysler Nationals July 14-16

I keep telling them that I don't know if I'm going to work until the end of the contract (4 more years) or 4 more minutes. Some days that is a heavy thought....

If I had the choice of 4 years or 4 min I would be out the door in 4 min and 01 seconds. I hope Trump helps out with reducing regulations because for a deregulated industry there is piles of paperwork, and these new e-logs are not going to fix anything except make everyone's wallets lighter. I'm looking at 20 more years or until they take my truck with yet another regulation.

I might not be able to attend Carlisle this year. I have a special project at work going on now that I may not be be able to execute a work around. It is way to early for me to project what my hands on involvement will be in July on this project. I'm still hoping worst case that I can get away for one day and run up to Carlisle and see everybody and check out the C-body and Forward Look line.
That's a bummer... we were looking forward to seeing you again this year... ain't gonna be the same. But duty and the a-hole N Koreans call... give 'em hell!

If I had the choice of 4 years or 4 min I would be out the door in 4 min and 01 seconds. I hope Trump helps out with reducing regulations because for a deregulated industry there is piles of paperwork, and these new e-logs are not going to fix anything except make everyone's wallets lighter. I'm looking at 20 more years or until they take my truck with yet another regulation.

If they did away with the 14 hour rule I could probably live with e logs.

Kevin

Kevin
Thank God my truck is a pre 2000 buys me some time. There is alot of days where something goes wrong and I'm against the 14 and I'll be dammed if I'm sleeping in the truck 45 min from the house.

Thought about "Chrstler", but changed my mind.

I was just looking at registration, and in the list of clubs... no FCBO... :BangHead: there is FABO:bs_flag:

Dave, I believe you had something started on this already.

I don't care about judging, at all, so I will sign up as "74-78 C body" again if there is nothing else going on. I don't care to go be with the Imperials, but I'm sure there are nice folks there too. I don't believe club participation would exclude anyone from parking/judging in class... but might help us get better accommodations where so many congregate anyhow.

How many others would like to go and represent FCBO as a club? Maybe we can get a canopy out of the deal...

I don't see expressing interest as the same as obligation... but maybe it will get us some idea of numbers...
I am interested ... Ed B is a friend maybe I could contact him!!!
I want to drive the BB...
He is very cool
Maybe even inside???

Kevin
What are you complaining about. I was under real-time GPS tracking and real-time video observation while delivering. In addition to the data logging and e-logs.
In the snow. Uphill. Both ways.

That's a bummer... we were looking forward to seeing you again this year... ain't gonna be the same. But duty and the a-hole N Koreans call... give 'em hell!

I probably won't know for sure until the first week of July.

What are you complaining about. I was under real-time GPS tracking and real-time video observation while delivering. In addition to the data logging and e-logs.
You da man.:poke: I could not handle that amount of pressure.

I wouldn't last ah week in todayz world with all the regz and e-logz 'n stuff. I cruised up on ah log book check at the chicken house 'tween Council Bluffs, Ia. and KCM one time. I had caught up my logs two dayz earlier in Pocatello, Id. And stayed there an extra day just to add ah "0". What I didn't realize waz that when I added one on the bottom I lost one on the top at the same time so I gained "0" hourz. FYI guyz, I used a cassette recorder for time stops, odometer milage, and crossing state linez and might not touch 'um for 3-4 dayz. That's just the way I did it back then. So I'm sittin' in the chicken house listening to my little recorder and writing down times 'n odometer readingz and the chicken master comez over to me and asks how I'm doing and I tell him I can't get legal NO WAY. He sayz well how close can you get( I actually think the guy waz trying to help me) I said according to my calculationz I should have taken ah 10 hour nap some where between Kemmerer and Little America. He said where in the F*** iz that and I said, 'bout 500 milez back down the road in western Wyoming. He said you go stand over there in the corner with that guy that said he left hiz logz at SAP BROTHERS. That'z ah truck stop in Omaha for the city folkz here. After being hauled to the closest Magistrate and coughing up $65 dollars for being over logged he transports me back the the Chicken House and tellz me I'm free to go but he don't know what to tell me about the Chicken House on east bound I-70 east of KCM. I say wellll, if there open they won't be seein' my. He just laughed and said Get the F*** out of here and I saluted and said YES SIR. I can't make this stuff up. I just don't forget it after having lived it!

Last edited:
They had GPS tracking and video when you were driving?????????????:poke:

I wouldn't last ah week in todayz world with all the regz and e-logz 'n stuff. I cruised up on ah log book check at the chicken house 'tween Council Bluffs, Ia. and KCM one time.
:rofl:
I can just picture you and we have yet to have face time together.

They had GPS tracking and video when you were driving?????????????:poke:
Yah. What are you implying... :rolleyes:

EFzYKBY4uD6UyOxCOYi6Tw.jpg

Jeezes, Peter. When I retired in '06, it was the 21st Century, ya know...
facepalm_by_rolzor.gif

Last edited:
We have to try and do our best to change that some day Pal. I think we both have ah bunch of storiez over the 40+ yearz we spent out there in NO MANZ LAND among all the civilian Kamikazez.

Last edited:
:rofl:
I can just picture you and we have yet to have face time together.
Keep me in the loop on that one, I'll fly in for that.
@Kevin twostick
The other thing they should fix is the 10 hours off WTF the times I do go out on the road I'm usually killing time waiting to leave at the 9 hour mark it go time, needs to go back to 8 off straight or 10 if you split it I could live with. The whole log book thing is a game their are those that can do it there are those that can't and those that don't care e-logs aren't going to change that.
Hope you can make it to Carlisle Bob if not I'm squeezing in your spot.

Last edited:
If I did Big Daddyz it would have to be ah fly in for 24 hourz and home in another 12. Hard to do for less then 1k and hard to 'splain and justify with those #z. Love all you guyz but dam? Maybe some day? Carlisle iz about the same $ but that'z 4 dayz. I entertained thoughtz 'til just recently of doing SDAC (Shelby Dodge Automobile Club) in Detroit this year too just two weeks before Carlisle but I've decided that would be over kill for this old body and the budget. Once upon ah time 15 hour bonzai runz were a several timez ah week occurrence when I waz out there chasing but at this juncture in life 2 of those runz in less then ah week would probably do me in. So Carlisle iz it for Jer this year guyz!

Back