2017 Carlisle Chrysler Nationals July 14-16

Well I've got a dilemma on my hands. Just went to the body shop and saw my '73 Imperial. Looks like it won't be done in time for Carlisle:mad:. So, anyone have an idea on how to change vehicles for the show? Do I bring the '79 300, the '78 NYB (brought it last year) or the '67 Imperial? Also, do I get in touch with Carlisle and change registration or do I just show up with a different car?

Well I've got a dilemma on my hands. Just went to the body shop and saw my '73 Imperial. Looks like it won't be done in time for Carlisle:mad:. So, anyone have an idea on how to change vehicles for the show? Do I bring the '79 300, the '78 NYB (brought it last year) or the '67 Imperial? Also, do I get in touch with Carlisle and change registration or do I just show up with a different car?
You can call them at 717-243-7855. They'll probably just tell you to show up, but you never know.

Let's see the 67 Imp! Doubt the gate keeper would turn you around.
Carlisle runs a tight ship but i'd go the "beg forgiveness later rather than ask permission up front" route.

I gotta believe it's not the first time somethings happened to a car and they had to switch.
I'll call them anonymously and ask the "what if this or that questions". I'm just wondering if the packet you pick up at guest services, has any vehicle specific info in it. I can't remember from last year.
As of right now I'm thinking of bringing the '67 Imp. At least it's a c-body that hasn't been there before.

Carlisle has no problem swapping cars and classes. Just be up front and tell them what you need to do. You'll need to stop at "will call" and change information. If it's the same class, no issues.

I just showed up in the parts car last year... told them the registered car was unable to attend. No problems at all.

Yes,
Cuda
Challenger
Road Runner / Satellite
Charger
71-74

Fits 70 E, but not correct, ashtray as talked about.
70 B is different all-together

Sheezus you guys are good! I wouldn't know one from another, they all look the same to me. Great to have a lot of knowledge here!

I think I'm about ready for the trip. I had a few things to take care of the past couple weeks.. new battery... had to change the blower motor in case Mrs. Big John wants the A/C on. What a fun job that was! Recharged the A/C while I was at it. Changed the speedometer gear that's been riding around in my glove box for the last two years so the speedometer is correct and a few other odds and ends that I've been putting off.

The left rear axle bearing was moaning in protest and I was going to change that myself. With time getting short and the pain in my neck (literally) getting worse, I decided to farm that job out and had both bearings changed. $225 for labor well spent!

I still need to get the trans cooler on my car or it will not make the trip with the too loose converter. Otherwise I will be zooming in with my 300m.

Just curious...

Since I was a little late in registering, and didn't get my stuff in the mail. Can I get my goodie bag, window sticker, whatever I need Thursday?

Might make it easier then dealing with everyone Friday morning.

Just curious...

Since I was a little late in registering, and didn't get my stuff in the mail. Can I get my goodie bag, window sticker, whatever I need Thursday?

Might make it easier then dealing with everyone Friday morning.
You should be able to. They mail just the window sticker anyway.

You will be surprised at how efficient their system is.

Back